Content Hub for Marketers

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

What makes a compelling blog post?

Blog posts enable you and your business to publish insights, thoughts, and stories on your website about any topic. They can help you boost brand awareness, credibility, conversions, and revenue. Most importantly, they can help you drive traffic to your website.

But take a moment and think about the last blog post you read. What made you want to read it? How did you feel after you finished? Did you make it to the end? What makes a blog post compelling and engaging?

Bonus points: Got a blog or blog post you keep returning to? Share it for the group in the comments below!

*To learn more about this, check out the Understanding Blogging in HubSpot lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

741 Replies 741
Rodinakhaled
Participant

Makes your website SEO friendly and freash content for the search engines and serchers

0 Upvotes
RBeaucher

The last blog post I read was when I was loking for a pickle recipe for the enormous amount of cucumbers I grew. The blog post I found was visual and clear - exactly what I needed. From there, I explored other posts from that blog and found some other great recipes.

0 Upvotes
LKrause8

A blog posting can be evergreen or seasonal. The evergreen piece should be useful, educational, informative to the audience who want to save the content as a reference. The seasonal blog has to be connecting and engaging the audience in a trendy and resonated fashion. 

0 Upvotes
BPurkeypile

The last blog I read was compelling because it gave me the information I was looking for without steering off topic and giving me irrelevant information. I was happy to read it because it was short but detailed in what I wanted to know. I think the things that make a blog compelling and engaging is staying on topic but having clear details. I also think the design and structure is important as well. 

0 Upvotes
MVulpescu

In my opinion, a blog post is supposed to answer a question that is relevant to your audience at a particular moment in time. Here is an example https://www.webperformancebox.com/insights/why-should-you-do-content-marketing/

0 Upvotes
DPerez4

A good blog post for me is one that is informative and has a good amount of graphics/illustrations, images and engaging videos. 

0 Upvotes
Shark
Contributor

I like blog posts that can teach you something in a step-by-step fashion, or one that has timely content about a current event or current product. So for me it comes down to informative, instructive and timely.

0 Upvotes
CBrown6
Participant

The last blog post I read was on LinkedIn about finding your toolbox. I read the entire post because it was information and compling. The story honest and was written well. 

0 Upvotes
JazHands
Participant

For us Blog posts hace been beneficial when dealing with current events and or more information about our current industry!

0 Upvotes
DGarcia1203
Participant

Publish relevant, engaging content to the right target audience! 

0 Upvotes
NDieuAi
Contributor

I think the most popular video game or most commenly made jewlery would make a great blog post because it would catch any and everyones attention

0 Upvotes
MKireev
Participant

I think the most important is to answer the user's question.

The text should be short and informative

It should include some brief-easy to remember facts that people will memorize to support their argument

I think this strategy will help you to create easy to consume and relevant information

PBowring

Relevancy plays a large part in what makes readers want to read a blog post. By making content relevant, it increases the readers. 

0 Upvotes
KRencurrel

Reader fatigue is real which means more images and buttons that lead me to read more if interesed. I am looking for high level content that engages me to get what I need quickly. 

0 Upvotes
SDeMartini

Ensuring you have the right content for your audience. 

0 Upvotes
AChaurasia
Participant

Hvaing an open-ended question in the blog could help in increasing the engagement.

0 Upvotes
Sydneylyn97

Create strong headline!    The same is true of blog posts. People's social media feeds are flooded with a constant stream of articles and online content. In order to make yours stand out, you have to have an attention-grabbing headline: something that offers value to the reader in exchange for their time.

0 Upvotes
SBanksS8
Participant

When I think about blog posts I find compelling, it's usually because they answer a specific question I have at that point in time, or they help me build my knowledge in an area overall. If I break it down, the title opens a question for me, and then I need to read the post to find the answer. If it's a good most, I walk away feeling like I learned something that I can use later. 

0 Upvotes
MBarranco9

Colours and images

0 Upvotes
Sydneylyn97

I think the most popular video game or most commenly made jewlery would make a great blog post because it would catch any and everyones attention

0 Upvotes
JORCUTT

A Blog post should provide helpful solutions to common issues and include at least two compelling CTA's.