Content Hub for Marketers

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

What makes a compelling blog post?

Blog posts enable you and your business to publish insights, thoughts, and stories on your website about any topic. They can help you boost brand awareness, credibility, conversions, and revenue. Most importantly, they can help you drive traffic to your website.

But take a moment and think about the last blog post you read. What made you want to read it? How did you feel after you finished? Did you make it to the end? What makes a blog post compelling and engaging?

Bonus points: Got a blog or blog post you keep returning to? Share it for the group in the comments below!

*To learn more about this, check out the Understanding Blogging in HubSpot lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

741 Replies 741
MZazueta

I think a blog must have the precise and impact words, that can attract the users that are interested in a specific topic. Not so many words, people get tired when they see too much writing, generally. It's best to be cooncrete and drive you to a solution. I think...

0 Upvotes
IBaskerville

In my opinion I believe blog post should contain a statement of the problem. 

0 Upvotes
BFlynn3
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

I think a good blog post clearly defines an issue that you might be having and clearly provides guidance to a resolution. 

TKeis

This might be honestly useful for me. We deal across the world and could often have non-one-of-a-kind vendors in one of a kind markets link. This method there is often a lot of conversation overlap between quit-customers and the vendors and therefore it'd be beneficial if i'm able to companion more than one businesses to a single deal,

0 Upvotes
BKamper
Participant

A great headline makes for a great blog post. It can either be super-useful (the HubSpot post for "inspirational quotes for sales teams" put me into this ecosystem), but it can also be engaging and bring you in. If the author or brand has a strong voice, that will carry me through because I'll wonder what's next? 

Defector.com has the best blog going. 

ASharma1

The blog post should address the problem statement 
0 Upvotes
martapinov
Participant

Relevant!

0 Upvotes
ADauksa
Participant

Seems similar to everyone else. A quick read that answers a specific question I had or challenge I am facing. As we are updating our blogs we are thinking of catchier titles, SEO, and what is in it for the reader.

eurorincon

Relevant and problem solving post!

0 Upvotes
Renae_Gregoire

I appreciate blog posts that help me answer specific questions. For instance, I wanted to learn about how AI programs can learn to detect sarcasm. This blog post did a good job of introducing the topic and then carrying the reader (me!) through it by using headlines: https://towardsdatascience.com/sarcasm-detection-with-nlp-cbff1723f69a

JohnAceti
Member | Platinum Partner
Member | Platinum Partner

The level of value added by the blog, how applicable it is to the reader (which is why it's so important to tailor blog content to personas and journey stages!), and how easy it is to find the answers people are looking for

0 Upvotes
SKjolby
Participant

be relevant and offer expert information

0 Upvotes
NGalbraith
Participant

Relevance is key! Also readability. 

0 Upvotes
ADubey

For me, it's how quickly and simply it answered/addressed a question/issue I was looking to resolve.  Some of the best-written blogs are to the point and offer the most accurate and latest information.

idelgado
Participant

I think a blog post makes it interesting when it has useful information, and match the title. But also when it has a resume or conclusion at the end.

0 Upvotes
ImmaSalmerón
Participant

The context needs to be relevant to your audience and must be written as if you are trying to solve the reader's main pains. The language used must be easy to understand and read and it must include relevant links, bullet points and images. The article should leave the reading wanting to know more so that he or she feels the need to get in touch with the author. 

0 Upvotes
vanessaELabs
Participant

Content has to be relevant to your audience and offer data and insights that matter. It shouldn't be all about preaching about your brand and the sale. This blog gets organic views and decent time per page view even after more than a year its publishing date: https://blog.engagementlabs.com/four-industry-leaders-who-helped-us-pioneer-word-of-mouth-measuremen...

0 Upvotes
briyanga

Great content

0 Upvotes
KJohnson10

intriguing content 

0 Upvotes
Alopez7721
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

How can we choose better blog topics?

0 Upvotes
MAbuRamadan

A blog post that tackles the target audience's problem or opportunity. It should be helpful and covers a specific aspect of the topic. Also, being SEO optimized makes it much easier for search engines and readers to find it.

0 Upvotes