Content Hub for Marketers

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

What makes a compelling blog post?

Blog posts enable you and your business to publish insights, thoughts, and stories on your website about any topic. They can help you boost brand awareness, credibility, conversions, and revenue. Most importantly, they can help you drive traffic to your website.

But take a moment and think about the last blog post you read. What made you want to read it? How did you feel after you finished? Did you make it to the end? What makes a blog post compelling and engaging?

Bonus points: Got a blog or blog post you keep returning to? Share it for the group in the comments below!

*To learn more about this, check out the Understanding Blogging in HubSpot lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

741 Replies 741
Mohammad-Naias
Participant

If we post with any topic that is related to people challenges and solutions, show the value,
Then it will blog post make the raed

0 Upvotes
MBellomy

Imagine a particular reader in mind while writing the blog can help personalize the content.

ddsuwayiro
Participant

a good blog must have a strong purpose.

0 Upvotes
LHill1
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Know your audience, and you will be able to write a compelling blog! 

SRada
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

A blog post is worth reading when it addresses a person's real-time situations, challenges, problems, and goals. A relatable blog post that offers realistic solutions .

MPearson
Participant

Relevant content that shows a strong point of view and gives readers a chance to share coments. 

0 Upvotes
MJuscenko

Difficult to read long texts. I am attracted to bullet points, highlighted the main idea and supporting picture.

0 Upvotes
IMHCRM

Very important to share relevant, up-to-date content about the industry you're in. How-to articles or a knowledgebase is also very engaging for audiences. 

0 Upvotes
SBurke
Participant

One blog that I enjoy following is from Penheel Marketing. I like it because it offers actionable tips for digital marketing, SEO and social media content: https://penheel.com/category/blog-posts

XRosado
Participant

Thanks for sharing!

0 Upvotes
AGalatolo

Something really focus on the topic with unusual content

0 Upvotes
HubSpotMember
Participant

I believe that a blogpost should be relevant, short and precise. Also it should offer the reader somethig fx. knew knowledge, a "thing", ebook etc. 

AMete

Firstly, a good blog post should convey useful information to the reader. The text should also be clear and easy to understand. What is more, the information should go straight to the point, in order not to lose the reader.

TGarcia

Good blogs are informative and concise 

0 Upvotes
CHall3

Usually if they tend to be thought leaders in the industry where you know you will be getting value after reading the post. After you finish you feel you can take what you learned and execute it immediately 

MLeCornu
Participant

I like the Australian toilet paper brand, Who Gives a **bleep** - their copy is clever and their forms are streamlined - just the necessary stuff.

0 Upvotes
NS-Zoe

A compelling or engagaing blog solves a common pain point for a specific audience in an informative, fun and unique way. A little humor is also always a well added bonus if it is appropriate to the content/ topic discuss and the author can get away with it. 

0 Upvotes
MDowling
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

A good blog post should provide value to the reader, information that might be hard to find in other places, or that is written in a different way than other content they've been exposed to. 

0 Upvotes
SHussain1
Participant

Amazing

0 Upvotes
AndreaBeckStout
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

I like blog posts that give me a new perspective on how to examine problems or approach designing a solution. Sure, an occasional blog post that gives me step-by-step instructions in exhaustive detail can be something that I acutely need, but generally, I enjoy blog posts that give me a fresh way of looking at things.  Too many blog posts today are just "mailed-in" garbage content obviously ghostwritten by people who have no subject matter expertise in the topic. I also appreciate blog posts that establish empathy with the reader and uses an approachable tone.  There's nothing more tediously excruciating to read than dry academic-sounding prose in a blog post

0 Upvotes
DWahl7
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

A great blog post has value to the reader, include images or graphics and be concise. I also enjoy blogs that break up the blog with headings or sections to make it readable. 

Sometimes, when I am researching a new trend and I only see positive blogs about that product or trend, I get nervous if it is actually real results.

0 Upvotes