CMS for Marketers

JorieMunroe
Academy-Professor/in
Academy-Professor/in

What makes a compelling blog post?

Blog posts enable you and your business to publish insights, thoughts, and stories on your website about any topic. They can help you boost brand awareness, credibility, conversions, and revenue. Most importantly, they can help you drive traffic to your website.

But take a moment and think about the last blog post you read. What made you want to read it? How did you feel after you finished? Did you make it to the end? What makes a blog post compelling and engaging?

Bonus points: Got a blog or blog post you keep returning to? Share it for the group in the comments below!

*To learn more about this, check out the Understanding Blogging in HubSpot lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

735 Antworten
MLemke
Mitglied

Humor.  Humor and an unorthodox viewpoint that illustrates the message from an unexpected angle.

0 Upvotes
MPoynton
Teilnehmer/-in

A good blog post must be written in engaging language and must answer questions your visitors and following are likely to ask. 

Plan content prior to writing it: Consider keywords, consider the purpose of the copy from a reader's point of view. 

Write content in clear sections so a quick overview is possible. Write enticing headlines for each section. 

Once written, leave for a day or more, then read it again with fresh eyes and consider whether the initial objectives have been met.   

0 Upvotes
KHernandez
Mitglied

What makes me read a blog post and finish it to the end is its something that is intresting to me. This is key for any blog you want to be helping the reader with whatever the blog is about and adding value to them and their thinking. I persoanlly prefer reading blog about fashion or how to jump start your career. Usually when I finish them I feel inspired. They are compelling because it is something I actually want to learn and read about blog wont be geared towards just anybody they first have to have the intrest in that subject.

0 Upvotes
JCaragher
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner

The best blog posts are those that tell a story. A need is identified and a solution provided, all in a neat package.

0 Upvotes
SMcArthur
Teilnehmer/-in

TLDR; gets scrolled immediately, but concise, topical content holds more value for me.

0 Upvotes
YAdmin
Teilnehmer/-in

A blog post should offer an insight to something the user might not find on another website page. It's really about relevancy as well as a good strategy behind keywording the post that's easy to read.

0 Upvotes
Trentster
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Easy to read, simple vocabulary, bulleted lists, and a bottom line are what I like in blog posts.

0 Upvotes
SAli4
Mitglied

Blogs have evolved from personal notes and experiences to contribution in society through power of content. Have emerged from content typos to images and video combinations.

0 Upvotes
BDillon
Mitglied

Great blog posts teach me something new or provide deeper insight into a topic that I'm interested in.

0 Upvotes
MGlenn
Mitglied

A blog post should intrigue your audience enough to keep them reading. It should be informative, yet engaging, and also unique enough that they cannot gather the exact same information off of a quick Google search - thus making your blog post and product unique. 

0 Upvotes
CGabriel2
Mitglied

To make a compelling post you have to hook the reader within the first few words and then provide intersting insight that makes the reader think 

0 Upvotes
KPavel
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Elite Partner
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Elite Partner

The blog post needs concise but potent, and needs to position itself as a thought leader.  The sales pitch, while it can be present, shouldn't be the main consideration which should be to inform.

0 Upvotes
CWilkinson
Mitglied

A great blog post should draw the reader in, get to the point and offer interesting information. 

0 Upvotes
ishabehl
Mitglied

a

0 Upvotes
TVinson
Teilnehmer/-in

Compelling blog posts are extensions of your pillar content and subcontent.  Becoming an authoirity on specific topics will be our process and makes for great blog posts.  Our blog content will be tied to our website when we get out blog back up and running! Content strategy is being updated now.. in prep of the new blog. 

0 Upvotes
aagg
Mitglied

A compelling post encompasses relatabiltiy and value. If the content is widely sought, the value increases. For instasnce, in a niche community experience conveyed by subject matter experts can provide  value through relating the topics instead of keywords.

0 Upvotes
SKrause
Mitglied

The most important thing is to provide something actionable and valuable to the reader. If they have an actionable takeaway after they finish reading, you win.

0 Upvotes
KKamlager
Mitglied

Thought leadership. Catchy headline, tight prose, direct, and provide SEO.

0 Upvotes
JenMalins
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Diamond Partner
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Diamond Partner

I enjoy reading blog posts that follow the AIDA format and offer information that is hard to get elsewhere. Many posts are too general and talk about things that anyone who's read much about the topic will already know.

0 Upvotes
Yshannon77
Mitglied

The most compelling blog posts are those written in easliy digestable chunks. They are relevant to why I have come to you as the authority on the topic.  If you sell widgets and I am looking to buy a widget, I wouldn't want to read a blog on your website about whatcha-ma-call-its.  Unless, they are somehow connected and relevant to eachother.  But otherwise,  if I am coming to you to gain knowledge about what you do/sell, that's what I want to walk a way with, a clear understanding that you are the go to person to solve my problem .

0 Upvotes
KenChis
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Good blog posts tend to fall into one of two categories - something timely which serves an immediate concern for our audience, or something which provides insights that are long-lasting. But either way a blog should draw a reader in with insights without the sales pitch.

0 Upvotes