HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

What do you want to learn about?

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the HubSpot Marketing Study Group. To kick things off, what types of content would you like to see in this group?

Here's a list of things we're planning:

- Events discussing HubSpot tools and marketing trends

- Industry tips and marketing trends

- Resources to help you learn marketing

- Networking with fellow marketers

Let us know what you're excited about in the comments below. If you have a suggestion that's not on the list, then please add it!

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
MrAutomation

Hi everyone, I am new here and I'm currently working my way through the Academy. I have familiarity with other marketing platforms and automation and so far I love the capabilities within the Marketing Hub. One thing I was curious about was if we can pull outside reports into hubspot through the API? I know for some businesses, switching their CMS just doesn't make a lot of sense but being able to see website reporting in one central location definitely does. Also, being able to tie outside URLs to Hubspot campaigns would also be very helpful. Are either of these possible within Hubspot?

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Hi @MrAutomation 👋👋👋 Love the handle! 

Could you clarify exact what type of information you're trying to pull into HubSpot? I've linked the HubSpot Developer resources if you want to explore using APIs to pull information into HubSpot! 

Additionally, using the HubSpot tracking code on your external pages would also help pull information on your website traffic into your HubSpot reporting. You may also consider an integration, depending on the exact software you're using. Here are some great integrations to consider for Reporting and Insights.

As for the URLs, yes! What you're looking for when tracking external links to your HubSpot hosted content is Tracking URLs. Just be sure not to use them when linking your site pages internally (or linking from one page on your site to another page on your site). This can cause sessions to artificially renew, bounce rate to seemingly go up, etc. 

0 Upvotes
PamelaM
Contributor

Hello Justin, 

Thank you, I completely agree and I've really enjoyed your course on Content Marketing  🙂

Best wishes, 

Pam

PamelaM
Contributor

Hello Jorie, 

Big fan here 😁

I like very much the list, the only thing I am not really interested in are marketing trends (yes to industry tips) because... well they are trends and so usually everyone and their neighbour are writing articles, podcasts etc about them ad nauseam. 

But everything else sounds very interesting and I might be just an outlier about not liking marketing trends topics. 

Thank you for all the hours of videos and content you and the team put together in the Academy. 

Best wishes, 

Pam

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Hi @Pam 👋👋👋 Glad to have you here! That's super helpful to know. I want to ensure the type of content we have on this space is engaging and exciting for everyone. I've got some initial ideas and would love to keep chatting in the future about what resonates and where we can pivot!

0 Upvotes
Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

I hear ya @PamelaM about trends becoming the norm. We definitely would love your perspective on tips and tricks to using HubSpot and being an effective marketer that are more timeless. For example, becoming a content repurposing expert is my biggest tip to marketers (one that won't go out of style any time soon). 

kayco15
Participant

Hi there - I am new to the community but just wanted to say hi!

I am currently working through the Hubspot Academy to learn how to build, setup, and optimize email automation for nurture streams. The list of topics you are planning is very exciting. I am especially looking forward to the section on Industry tips and marketing trends. I feel like that data has gone through a significant shake-up due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, but I look forward to hearing your perspective! 

Looking forward to learning from you!

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Hi @kayco15 👋

Absolutely! Have you gotten a chance to check out the Industry Benchmark Data HubSpot put together? It's got some really interesting insights on how COVID-19 has shaken things up! Email nurturing workflows are my favorite because there's so many possibilities. My favorite resource for examples of awesome emails is this article. I'm a very visual learner and seeing what other companies have done is always helpful for inspiration. Happy to help or answer any questions you may have! 

0 Upvotes
kayco15
Participant

Thank you for sharing the article! Some very interesting ideas in there. I have not checked out the industry benchmark data yet, but will now - thanks!

0 Upvotes
Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Welcome @kayco15! Keep us posted on your progress. Also, make sure to check out HubSpot's Knowledgebase for more information regarding automated emails: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/search?q=automated%20emails#stq=automated%20emails&stp=1