HubSpot Marketing

boyerwm

Using Hubspot when you have an account based CRM

Hi!

I am fairly new to Hubspot and my team is just beginning to set up and use the marketing hub for email campaigns and web analytics.  Currently we have not connected our CRM to Hubspot via API and wondering if and how to do so being our CRM is account based while Hubspot in contact based.  We are struggling with what properties to use on contacts in order to reference accounts, etc.  Has anyone had a similar struggle and how did you handle it?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
lfr
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi @boyerwm ,

Did you succeed in your integration? At Elixir Solutions, we can help you integrate HubSpot and SAP CRM. Drop us an email at sales@elixir-solutions.net so that we can discuss your project. 

We integrated HubSpot and SAP in the past, as you can see in those customer cases : 

https://offers.elixir-solutions.net/customer-case-jma

https://offers.elixir-solutions.net/customer-case-parts-supply

If you want to know more, you can also check our one-pager here.

Best regards,

Laure François

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @boyerwm,

Could you share some more context about the CRM you're using? What kind of use cases do you have in mind for HubSpot? Which HubSpot license are you working with or planning on subscribing to?

HubSpot does offer some account-based marketing functionalities: Set up account-based marketing in HubSpot

These features are referencing:

Contact property: Buying role

Company property: Target account

Company property: Ideal customer profile

In general, if you're CRM is structured around accounts instead of contacts, you want to look at the company object in HubSpot more than at the contact object. What that would look like in deal however would require some more context. (HubSpot stores information in objects of which there are multiple types. Contacts and companies are two of those objects. A company can be associated with multiple contacts.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

boyerwm

We are using SAP CRM and everything hangs off the account.  Our contacts are associated by relationship to the account and our leads, opportunities, marketing attributes and activities are all associated at the account level within our CRM.  Currently we are pulling from CRM using account based attributes and batch loading contacts into Hubspot to do campaigns.  The complexity comes in with associating a contact based engagement lead score to our current account based lead scoring.  We are considering connecting Hubspot to CRM with an API, but are unsure what to connect and how. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @boyerwm,

Integrating SAP and HubSpot can be a complex endeavor and, I fear, not one that can be covered in an online thread.

For this, I'd recommend reaching out to HubSpot solution partners who have specialized on integrating with SAP, for example SAP BW Consulting, MDP Group, elixir Solutions. You can find these partners in this directory.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.