HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Time-bound versus Ongoing Campaigns

Which campaigns do you keep running on an ongoing basis in your HubSpot account?

Examples:

• Abandoned shopping cart emails 
  • Lead nurturing workflows 

Which campaigns do you keep timebound?

Examples:

• Remarketing ads campaigns

Which types of campaigns are your favorite to run? Why?

Sound off in the comments below!

5 Replies 5
Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Let me start off by saying the Campaigns tool is my favorite tool in HubSpot. I like to use it as an inbound marketing campaign planner, a template that can be cloned for future initiatives. It's a great way to communicate the tasks that need to be completed to kick off a project (with all of the tracking in one place). 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting this topic started, @JorieMunroe!

Talking about campaigns is one of my favorite topics because each business and marketer has a unique perspective on how to achieve success.

I want to tag in a few group members to share their thoughts! 

@EWilkinson@TKhorkova@DPapoulias@LDePaoli@MStoll@StaceyMaHar@tborges, and @hilary what are your favorite types of campaigns to run? 

0 Upvotes
tborges
Contributor

I am still learning. Seems to me that we have used campaigns well to launch new service that has a start and end date. We are now looking at should we have ongoing campaigns and how many.  Do you have a general campaign to track blogs and social posts that are not tagged to a specific short term campaign?

0 Upvotes
Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Great question, @tborges. There's not really a specific number of ongoing campaigns you should be looking to create. Instead, consider the tasks/activities your business does and decide whether or not they can be automated. That's the best place to start.

Regarding the tracking of content, @JorieMunroe may have some reporting ideas for you.

0 Upvotes
tborges
Contributor

I am new to HubSpot and working on completing the marketing course. However, this is a discussion I will be brought into at the company I work for so I am very interested to hear what others have to say.