HubSpot Marketing

VNair9
Participant

Social Media Targets

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are having a wonderful day or having a great start to the day depending on where you are 🙂

The marketing environment is very new to me and I have no  formal background to marketing, this all just kind of happened, though thanks to the WWW I am learning.

My reason for reaching out is, as an organisation we are new to social media, in that we have not be active in most platforms for example our FaceBook account has one friend, me - 🙂 - Yes, LOL...  and similar applies to Twitter and Instagram.

LinkedIn has a better following, though we are not growing.

I have learned that being consistent helps, though, how does one set targets for themselves per platform, if there a formula, or is it ,pick a number or percentage that you like and that is the target. 

With FaceBook being at zero friends and followers, what would be a good target to set or how do I go about setting a target for us?

Our new year beings 1 Sept and I would like to present real and achievable targets to my managers, though I feel stuck.

Please help a newbie 🙂

Kind Regards

Vash

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Social Media Targets

Hi @VNair9,

Welcome to the HubSpot community!

One thing that I'd recommend keeping in mind throughout everything that you do on social media is your persona (or your personas). Having created these, you will feel much more comfortable creating a social media strategy and setting goals.

There are two excellent posts on the topic:

How to Create a Sensible Social Media Strategy for Your Business

9 Social Media Goals You Can Set for Your Business (and How to Track Them)

Additionally, HubSpot is offering a free Social Media certification which also provides some great best practices.

It's hard to summarize all aspects of your question in a few paragraphs. It's really best to dive into a few blog posts and videos to get a better understanding. The above should get you started 🙂

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

VNair9
Participant

Social Media Targets

Hi Karsten,

Thank you, I will read the suggested blog to guide me. Much appreciated 🙂

Have a wonderful day.

Kind Regards

Vash