HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Share your favorite form examples!

Without forms, marketers would have a tough time obtaining information on potential customers and tracking data regarding purchases, customer feedback, new leads, and survey responses. In a highly digital world, it’s hard to think of a successful business that doesn’t have at least one web form on its site.

Here’s an example of one of my favorite forms in the wild: Grubhub.

Grubhub uses a pop-up sign-up form, which eliminates distractions by darkening the background to bring the form into focus. Leads are asked for just three pieces of information that they can either fill out manually or automatically using their Facebook or Google account.

The key takeaway? Grubhub knows how to create an efficient and easy experience for its visitors.

What businesses do you think do a great job at getting visitors to sign up or Live their forms? What best practices do they employ? Share your experiences below!

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating Forms in HubSpot lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

454 Replies 454
MDeDonato

the simpler the better

0 Upvotes
mhacunda

This form has a large CTA button and only a few form fields. 

https://www.uxpassion.com/contact/

0 Upvotes
HGillman

Member - short and sweet

0 Upvotes
AForer
Participant

When it comes to sign-up forms, I prefer short and easy forms. The longer the form is and increased number of fields, the less likely I am to bother with completing them. The offer needs to be valuable enough for me to want to give my info. 

AimeeKE
Participant

I love any form that remembers me. There is nothing more frustrating than going to a site with which you've engaged in the past, only to find that you have to fill out a form asking for all your information all over again. What a waste of time! So glad that Hubspot has smart forms so my client sites were able to "recognize" repeat visitors and remember their info. It's a great feature that every site should employ! Beyond simply making it easier for your valuable visitor to download the reports they want or make purchases more easily, it speaks well of your brand. You've given them a much better experience and shown that you recognize and appreciate them. 

MVanderknokke

Simple is better. 

0 Upvotes
JBaker26
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

Just the bare minimum to start.   you can always request more later once they are engaged.

0 Upvotes
KMontshiwa
Participant

Native has a great one. Simple, straightforward and has personality.

APenny
Participant

the simpler the better and more effective in my opinion. 

0 Upvotes
UIngar

Business need a quick and easy way to gather personal information. Companies which I have seen try to get information through a pop-up is newspaper websites, after scrolling down into the aticle/website a pop-up will appear asking for a subscriotion to thier news letters through a special one time monthly or yearly payment. The text boxses can be filled with information using Google or existing accounts. 

0 Upvotes
DTraphagen

Newton baby (you get 20% off)

0 Upvotes
MHarrison6

I love simple forms and agree that one column is best!

BChamberlain
Contributor

Not sure I have any specific instances in mind, but might be interesting to find a way to gamify forms so they're fun to use?  Like the quicker the user fills out the form, the bigger the resulting discount they'll get for signing-up...

0 Upvotes
KGlover2

simple contact form

0 Upvotes
RMohamed5

A very easy contact form

0 Upvotes
LucyWlodarczyk
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

Simple, but with a funny, little twist 🙂 

CSPopaOlave

I think Hotels.com does an excellent one with having people discuss the hotels standards. 

0 Upvotes
EHammis
Contributor

Attention spans on the internet or short. I prefer anything that is quick, and I love when auto fill enters the information for you to move on quickly. Straight and the to the point with forms. 

LesLacson

Let's face it, forms are not the most attractive thing for users. I prefer a form which is brief, concise, but all key information could be obtained.

MPetrola
Contributor

so true!

0 Upvotes
AnthonyMk

I cannot think of one specific company form to point to. However, I find simple is better, less is more.

0 Upvotes