HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Share your favorite form examples!

Without forms, marketers would have a tough time obtaining information on potential customers and tracking data regarding purchases, customer feedback, new leads, and survey responses. In a highly digital world, it’s hard to think of a successful business that doesn’t have at least one web form on its site.

Here’s an example of one of my favorite forms in the wild: Grubhub.

Grubhub uses a pop-up sign-up form, which eliminates distractions by darkening the background to bring the form into focus. Leads are asked for just three pieces of information that they can either fill out manually or automatically using their Facebook or Google account.

The key takeaway? Grubhub knows how to create an efficient and easy experience for its visitors.

What businesses do you think do a great job at getting visitors to sign up or Live their forms? What best practices do they employ? Share your experiences below!

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating Forms in HubSpot lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

470 Replies 470
SamBurgoon

Starbucks does a great job. The form needs to be compelling and inticing, making it worth while for the customer. 

saumshetty
Participant

i think. my fav is amazong costomer service form. I. think they have done away with it now but it was still efficient and quick to full

0 Upvotes
BPreston
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

I use HubSpot forms or forms in Forminator (which you can integrate with HubSpot). I find that forms with an image or some sort of graphic perform the best. People like to have a visual 🙂

0 Upvotes
LRector

Right now we are using landing page forms for our telemarketing vendors to submit leads

0 Upvotes
FSandrin

nice tips. for me the best was to setup forms according to the different stage of the customer journey. Although is tempting to get as more data from the customer as early as pox, this will likely impact how many users will fill out such long form. in my opinion marketeers and management shouldnt forget that more specific data from the users can be collected at later stages during the customer journey.  

0 Upvotes
KValland
Participant

must be straightforward to use and easy to use

AVelandia

Sticker Mule does a great job with CTAs. They often have two versions depending on the audeinces they're trying to get. For example 'Shop Now' and 'Get Samples' live next to eachother. This allows two customers that end up on their homepage that are in different parts of the funnel to equally access their appropriate journey.

TMaggio

Brightness can be key to grab the audiences attention

JUken
Contributor

Thank you

0 Upvotes
jkraftlv

Short, clear language, say benefit of filling out form.  I also like GrubHub as a great example

Alessia12

must be straightforward to use and easy  

0 Upvotes
MNicholas
Member | Platinum Partner
Member | Platinum Partner

Must be easy to use and flexible.

0 Upvotes
DGarvin
Participant

easy to use, and simplified 

0 Upvotes
FTijerina

Short, simple, user-friendly. 

0 Upvotes
APawar

Single column, minimal/required questions form is the best way to increase conversions or achieve workflow goals. 

0 Upvotes
GageFisher

Reverb.com has a good form. Simple, one column, I think just four or five questions. It only asks for necessities to create the account. Reverb can go this route because it does a great job of learning about you passively.

CAngeletti

A short form with the necessary initial information certainly improves the user experience for users

0 Upvotes
HBignell

I like SalesForce forms. 

cschlist
Contributor

When it's B2C, I appreciate brevity. When it's B2B, I want a good balance of minimalism with the option to tailor my inquiry so I don't get endless sales calls from the wrong person/people.

mdcruz
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

Forms are easy to use and flexible.

RShultz