HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Share your favorite form examples!

Without forms, marketers would have a tough time obtaining information on potential customers and tracking data regarding purchases, customer feedback, new leads, and survey responses. In a highly digital world, it’s hard to think of a successful business that doesn’t have at least one web form on its site.

Here’s an example of one of my favorite forms in the wild: Grubhub.

Grubhub uses a pop-up sign-up form, which eliminates distractions by darkening the background to bring the form into focus. Leads are asked for just three pieces of information that they can either fill out manually or automatically using their Facebook or Google account.

The key takeaway? Grubhub knows how to create an efficient and easy experience for its visitors.

What businesses do you think do a great job at getting visitors to sign up or Live their forms? What best practices do they employ? Share your experiences below!

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating Forms in HubSpot lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

454 Replies 454
Kestrel
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Form length should match the buyer's stage. If they are in a learning phase, you don't want a form asking them 30 questions about their lives.

EMawer
Participant | Elite Partner

Prefer short to medium forms so you dont lose interest, pops of colour but keep it clean and use white space.

0 Upvotes
RHirani80
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

The chatbot featured forms are my favorite.

0 Upvotes
ParthaSaha

Form should not have more that 4 fields

0 Upvotes
StineHolmgaard
Participant

Wording matters - and tone-of-voice is so overlooked when it comes to forms. I love the forms that Velocity partners has on their website

PRaj1
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

I prefer short forms to use in the hubspot tool.

0 Upvotes
MHolmes

LInkedIn forms populates the users information automatically from their profile making it easier and quicker to take action. 

0 Upvotes
DFoo
Participant

ho

0 Upvotes
JLeuzinger

I prefer short forms, which only need the name and email. I think that is also way more attractive for customers.

SHenderson0
Contributor

Forms that are minimalist and have some elements of prefill are usually my preferred. 

Alopez7721

I agree with you. Minimalist forms make better conversions.

InboundDoug

As my old man would say: "stick to the KISS principle — keep it simple"

0 Upvotes
SSaeger

Same
0 Upvotes
MShealey

I agree. Convenieence is the name of the game when it comes to life these days. Tasks that require minimal effort but contribute to making my life better or easier are my preference.