HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Share your favorite form examples!

Without forms, marketers would have a tough time obtaining information on potential customers and tracking data regarding purchases, customer feedback, new leads, and survey responses. In a highly digital world, it’s hard to think of a successful business that doesn’t have at least one web form on its site.

Here’s an example of one of my favorite forms in the wild: Grubhub.

Grubhub uses a pop-up sign-up form, which eliminates distractions by darkening the background to bring the form into focus. Leads are asked for just three pieces of information that they can either fill out manually or automatically using their Facebook or Google account.

The key takeaway? Grubhub knows how to create an efficient and easy experience for its visitors.

What businesses do you think do a great job at getting visitors to sign up or Live their forms? What best practices do they employ? Share your experiences below!

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating Forms in HubSpot lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

470 Replies 470
nickpottle16

i like the google survey layout.

CBurt

The function of beauty is a fun form to fill out.  The selections are graphical, it's really fast to go through and only asks for email address at the end.

RBeaucher

I like the web forms that pull my Google info and offer a discount after completed. I almost always end up sticking with that site and using the discount. If I am placing an order,  I love the auto-tracking at the end.

CBrown6
Participant

salesforce has the best forms in my opion. 

BPurkeypile

I like the forms that pop up offering a discount because I just have to submit my name and email and then I recieve discounts whenever their doing promotions. I also appreciate short and easy to understand forms because if they're too long sometimes I'll change my mind and opt out of doing the form. 

TCoomes

This is a good example of an appointment/sign-up form, too!.

https://www.myawnings.com/foothills-awnings/

The form is simple and easy to complete.

Shark
Contributor

I am a fan of click-thru forms, especially for the long form kind.

DGarcia1203
Participant

Any short form that is right to the point is important for the user experience! 

HJermy
Participant

It's great when forms use brand-focused language that delights users. The Sun Bum example was really good

MZazueta

I like Survey Forms, it's nice to know someone cares about your opinion on anything you choose to go, to consume, etc.. 

ASharma1

my favorite forms is GETTRX with minimal fileds

HGHRME2K19
Participant

Minimal information is paramount, in my opinion. 

JerAlexander

I really like the one I found at jradesign.com as it is a staged conversational form. 

0 Upvotes
KKoontz

briyanga

Short forms are performing well!

0 Upvotes
vanessaELabs
Participant

Depending on the page or blog post, I like to have a pop up slide in form of a relevant ebook/white paper that the visitor can download related to the page.

AmirahZMJ

https://www.caitlindasilva.com/'s is clean and so easy to navigate!

Participant

Forms are convenient to use

0 Upvotes
KJohnson10

Ours! keep it short and sweet!

HubSpotMember
Participant

Keep it simple is the key to great forms

0 Upvotes
ELupin
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

Forms that show the value you're getting by filling it out. And forms that use the tone of the brand well.