HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Share your favorite form examples!

Without forms, marketers would have a tough time obtaining information on potential customers and tracking data regarding purchases, customer feedback, new leads, and survey responses. In a highly digital world, it’s hard to think of a successful business that doesn’t have at least one web form on its site.

Here’s an example of one of my favorite forms in the wild: Grubhub.

Grubhub uses a pop-up sign-up form, which eliminates distractions by darkening the background to bring the form into focus. Leads are asked for just three pieces of information that they can either fill out manually or automatically using their Facebook or Google account.

The key takeaway? Grubhub knows how to create an efficient and easy experience for its visitors.

What businesses do you think do a great job at getting visitors to sign up or Live their forms? What best practices do they employ? Share your experiences below!

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating Forms in HubSpot lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

454 Replies 454
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a good example of an appointment/sign-up form.

https://www.renewalbyandersen.com/forms/schedule-a-consultation

The form is simple and easy to complete.

0 Upvotes
CFaya

I prefer forms that have CAPTCHA that is not so hard to read that you fail 3 times and are a real human. 

0 Upvotes
MAdviento
Member | Platinum Partner
Member | Platinum Partner

100% agree

0 Upvotes
COcasio
Contributor

Best Buy was one that had a great pop-up form. https://www.bestbuy.com/ 

They made two columns, with just one field each; very minimal. They use their colors in a great way, blurred the background, and added helper text and terms and policy info without making it look too clustered. Their title is also perfect for their target audience of students, and adding it right in the beginning actually makes you think, hey why not, especially if you are in the first two stages of the buyer's journey.

0 Upvotes
TeeDeeDubya

Short forms with very few required fields.  If a lead is asked too much right off the bat, they may start the form and not complete it. 

0 Upvotes
EEllington

minimilast forms

0 Upvotes
jennafuhlman

Forms that are seamless and easy to navigate are what do a great job at getting visitors.

MBouwmeester

I prefer forms that request just some fields of information. Furthermore, the forms should be clear and there should be a privacy data disclaimer.

0 Upvotes
JFrancis7

I prefer short forms because I don't want to spend most of my time reading things when I want to scroll and watch things 

MMengoni

Minimalista forms: name and email.

SSuruchi

Hi,

I prefer forms that are coincise and have only a couple of fields such as name and e-mail id. 

It looks more user friendly and less time taking and is likely to get filled out more often. 

Thanks,

Soumya

0 Upvotes
bsorden
Participant

I think the company 4 Ocean does a great job getting visitors to sign up.

0 Upvotes
apurva

Forms that really are simplistic and include some prefilled components and the ones that only ask for name and email are my favourite ones.

0 Upvotes
Ash11

Short forms are preferable!! 

MLamothe

Pop up forms with engaging text and an exclusive offer is a great way to get leads. 

0 Upvotes
JOBrien3

While this can be overdone and can put off potential subscribers, I always find a cleverly and conversationally written question or placeholder text can really express the brand voice and connect you to the brand in a meaningful way.

JOBrien3

As for specific companies, Funko does a great job by offering you 10% off for your email in a simple but visually pleasing pop-up form with a subtle starry graphical background.

0 Upvotes
NickySmol

Short forms with a minimalistic look. Forms with a discount offer are very effective too in my experience, but not for every company.

ARahbek
Participant

As short as posible. Name + email. 

0 Upvotes
YDou
Participant

any short form without asking too much personal info would be my go-to.

0 Upvotes
MHeimlich
Participant

I think shorter forms with not as many questions are more attractive to customers.

0 Upvotes