HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Pitfalls to Avoid When Creating Landing Pages

Creating and optimizing landing pages is a crucial step in your lead generation efforts. What's a common mistake I always see and try to avoid? Not having a second offer or CTA on the thank you page.

It’s a smart move to keep your primary offer nice and clean on your landing page and not confuse people with multiple CTAs. However, once you’ve given the promised content to the lead, you are wise to garner their support by asking them to do something whilst they are "hot."

I always suggest making sure you utilize the thank-you page to place another CTA or offer. For example, you could ask people to share the content via a Click to Tweet link.

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating Landing Pages in HubSpot lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

538 Replies 538
LSchreiber
Member | Platinum Partner
Member | Platinum Partner

Too many fields too fill out. This seems to only benefit one side - the company!  Also, not putting in a section for country. 

SGamit

It should be easy to navigate and submit or subscription button should be clearly visible and the whole page should be  like give whole company value on one page

0 Upvotes
TanuSobti

Keep the overall tone and CTA simple and concise.

KHornung1
Participant

Keep it Simple.  KISS

0 Upvotes
ErinT
Participant

having competing CTA's

0 Upvotes
PNewton6
Participant

I created a landing page in the past with too many pictures and my CTA didnt stand out. It was also lengthy which isn't advisable. 

Despite those errors, i still had a good number of conversion. This means if I avoid the pitfalls I would convert even more. 

TGoon74

Landing pages should be eye-catching but also have minimal distractions on it.  It should contain relevant information and images that will help attract the correct client to the company. Websites that offer landing pages with much imagery can affect the speed at which one can access to provide information the company is requesting.

EInnes

Do not clutter your landing page, make your offer clear and do not distract with too many images (one or two is helpful) or options. Ensure the images you use are not too big; large image files will slow down the loading time on the landing page.

0 Upvotes
QueenMoya
Participant

Less is more. Keep the copy simple and short.

• use lists
  • spell out desired outcomes
  • simple language
  • focus on advantages
MCastro84

Keeping it simple 

0 Upvotes
cqburris
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

Boring call-to-actions.  People like call-to-actions that are more conversational rather than your standard "Request Quote".

Try something like "Yes, Give Me A Free Quote" - in every test we've run, the more conversational CTA works better.  

RSciberras
Participant

Keep it simple, focus on one CTA. Add as little distraction away from your CTA as possible.

0 Upvotes
NMaster1

Do not overcomplicate the site 

0 Upvotes
AhmedHasanHafiz
Participant

I don't get too into it and overcomplicate it but keep the end goal in mind

0 Upvotes
JuliaTong
Contributor

Keep the design simple and targeted for the conversion needed.

0 Upvotes
PSchuh

dont get too into it and overcomplicate it but keep the end goal in mind

0 Upvotes
WaidJ

Ditractions.  Keep it simple, clean, to the point and give the reader a clear road map to what you want them to do...and the opportunity and ease to do it. 

SHalsema

Too much clutter and too many links to other pages. 

0 Upvotes
NMelnyk5

The landing page should be simple, informative, easy to navigate and friendly to all castomers.

0 Upvotes
JKoh

The landing page should be simple and easy to navigate.

0 Upvotes
JSingh53
Contributor | Gold Partner
Contributor | Gold Partner

The landing page should not be too over textual and have a crisp description for the primary offer to the reader. The page can include multiple CTAs to provide higher conversion chances, but don't go overboard with those either, for instance, you can use the form and a submit/ download CTA in combination. 

0 Upvotes