HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Profesor inbound
Profesor inbound

Pitfalls to Avoid When Creating Landing Pages

Creating and optimizing landing pages is a crucial step in your lead generation efforts. What's a common mistake I always see and try to avoid? Not having a second offer or CTA on the thank you page.

It’s a smart move to keep your primary offer nice and clean on your landing page and not confuse people with multiple CTAs. However, once you’ve given the promised content to the lead, you are wise to garner their support by asking them to do something whilst they are "hot."

I always suggest making sure you utilize the thank-you page to place another CTA or offer. For example, you could ask people to share the content via a Click to Tweet link.

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating Landing Pages in HubSpot lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

535 Respuestas 535
Anonymous
No aplicable

Too much information is a common mistake I see frequently on landing pages. Trying to appeal to everyone and leads to not resonating with anyone. Often the thank you page is overlook as an additional opportunity to engage the site visitor.

0 Me gusta
MTelepneff
Miembro

A weak CTA, such as "Learn More" or "Contact Us" when the market does not know the brand or the product. Therefore, education must work with curiosity and value via a stronger CTA. I've learned this the hard way and am still improving landing pages

0 Me gusta
FNasso
Participante

I would recommend that the landing page it's easy to read, have navigation anchors, clear CTA's across the page without overdoing and making sure the gated content is compeling enough for them to download.

0 Me gusta
MAdviento
Miembro | Partner nivel Platinum
Miembro | Partner nivel Platinum

1 CTA will do

0 Me gusta
COcasio
Colaborador

Not having a thank you or confirmation page and not having the information needed on the page to make right selections if a selection is required. Though navigational links are not recommended they do provide a consistent branding, if the page looks so close to your website design, that lets visitors know they are on the correct page, without them I sometimes wonder if it's legit.

0 Me gusta
CmmWatson
Participante

my landing pages - or "squeeze pages" are typically loaded with one CTA and present a thank you with opportunity to head to the Menu/Inventory tab. 

0 Me gusta
TeeDeeDubya
Miembro

On a first offer, I know I am signing up for future interactions with a company.  When they start peppering me with a lot of questions, like, "How many people work for your company?"  I start to lose interest in the offer.  When it gets to a certain point, I feel like they've asked for too much information and I will exit the page.  What does everyone think the right amount of informatioin is for a first interaction and what information do you gather?

Also, on future offers, it's annoying that they ask questions again.  I wonder if it's just me or if customers feel that way too.  I feel like if a second CTA is added, the information that was gathered originally should still be available to the company and should not be asked again.  

0 Me gusta
ACrouch
Colaborador

Amazing! I love the idea of antoher CTA on the Thank you page!

0 Me gusta
SSuruchi
Miembro

Hi,

A good landing page should be checked for broken links and relevant content. 

Thanks,

Soumya

0 Me gusta
GColl2
Miembro

navigation options are good, they make it more managable for the consumer. also the fewer the paragraphs/writing the better in my opinion...people tend to lose focus staring at a page with 4 different chunks of text

0 Me gusta
AChristopoulo
Miembro

1.) Review overall layout of landing page and ensure clear & concise messaging 

2.) Explain your offer 

3.) Explain what benefits your offer provides the reader

4.) Explain why your reader needs your offer now

5.) Explain how to download or access the offer

0 Me gusta
Chaudhary
Miembro

1. Check to follow up emails and email

2. Check Redirecting pages

3. Check Contact Form

0 Me gusta
MLitwa
Participante

I always liked 'Thank You' Landing Pages that offer additional free content.  While that may not qualify as a CTA, it does give the impression that you are offering a lot of value in exchange for a few contact details, which is more likely to leave people feeling like they are getting a 'good deal.'

SBASS
Colaborador

I never considered adding additional free content to a "Thank You" landing page. Thank you for the tip!

0 Me gusta
Ash11
Miembro

Having more than one in a suttle way can capture a readers attention and gives them more than one option to appeal to.

0 Me gusta
JOBrien3
Miembro

A major pitfall to avoid is asking too many questions in a form.  This can turn leads off by consuming too much of their time or by annoying them by asking for too much information.  Although it's worthwhile to put a gate, the gate should not be too complicated to open.

SKrause
Miembro

Too much information without a good layout to draw the eye to the CTA is the biggest pitfall. Keep it simple, with minimal text and plenty of white space.

0 Me gusta
GarethPittHart
Miembro

I think one of the key pitfalls is poor design and not an effective hook to the audience. Also, I think that PDFs are a thing of the past. Video is the way to go. 

0 Me gusta
Uyanwanne
Miembro | Partner
Miembro | Partner

One CTA that's primarily a CTV (Call-To-Value) sounds like the best bet

0 Me gusta
MBouwmeester
Miembro

A landing page should be clear and easy to navigate on.

0 Me gusta
ARahbek
Participante

Not SEO optimizing your page. 

0 Me gusta