HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Profesor inbound
Profesor inbound

Pitfalls to Avoid When Creating Landing Pages

Creating and optimizing landing pages is a crucial step in your lead generation efforts. What's a common mistake I always see and try to avoid? Not having a second offer or CTA on the thank you page.

It’s a smart move to keep your primary offer nice and clean on your landing page and not confuse people with multiple CTAs. However, once you’ve given the promised content to the lead, you are wise to garner their support by asking them to do something whilst they are "hot."

I always suggest making sure you utilize the thank-you page to place another CTA or offer. For example, you could ask people to share the content via a Click to Tweet link.

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating Landing Pages in HubSpot lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

535 Respuestas 535
apurva
Miembro

• Multiple calls to action
  • Poorly written copy
  • Bad typography
  • Using low-quality images/Not using images at all
  • Lengthy lead capture form
  • Cluttered or complex page layout
  • Slow page loading speed
  • Not optimized for mobile devices
MHeimlich
Participante

Yes, I agree I think having more than 1 CTA is beneficial so that they are relevant for each stage.

0 Me gusta
Kestrel
Participante | Partner
Participante | Partner

Make sure that there are CTA's that are relevant for every stage of the wheel. Don't push for too much information at once. Don't gate all content - offer some without requirements in order to build trust.

RHirani80
Participante | Partner
Participante | Partner

Yeah, this makes a lot of sense, having more than 1 CTA could be really beneficial.

0 Me gusta
EMawer
Participante | Partner nivel Elite
Participante | Partner nivel Elite

Have clear concise CTAs and avoid confusing people with multiple CTAs that will confuse the user what steps to take next

0 Me gusta
ParthaSaha
Miembro

Grab reader's attention in the landing page instead of being too pushy. Also stop displaying pop up ads the moment reader's land on site.

StineHolmgaard
Participante

when creating landing pages, I would avoid missing the obvious digtial accessibility features that should be included - both to increase SEO but more importantly to ensure digital includsion

0 Me gusta
MHolmes
Miembro

I would also recommend making the CTA's simple; using words such as Learn More or Download Now. If the customer journey feels complex then people will not take action. 

0 Me gusta
MLemke
Miembro

I agree wholeheartedly.  With attention spans shortened because people have been conditioned to find answers instantly, "clarifying" has become "cluttering".  No need to eat the entire menu during Lobster Month at your favorite restaurant, when one entree will prove they know how to do lobster...

DFoo
Participante

Review your landing page like H1, alt text, anchor and internal links to other contents, backlinks etc might be a good start

JLeuzinger
Miembro

I often feel lost when I end up on landing pages because there is no navigation. Hence, I would really enjoy some navigation options.

Furthermore, in my opinion, a landing page should no be too pushy. Moreover, landing pages can look very cheap and shabby if there are too many CTA's, colors, and blinking stuff. Therefore, less is often more.