HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

New to the HubSpot Marketing Study Group? Introduce yourself here ‌⬇️‌

Marketing is about making connections — with your audience and with each other.

With that in mind, say hi and tell us a little bit about yourself.  Here's some questions you can use for inspiration:

• What's your current role?
  • What industry do you currently work in?
  • How long have you been with your current company?
  • What do you consider your marketing superpowers?
  • What are you currently reading or learning about?
1,138 Replies 1,138
DebraYorkman
Participant

Hi Hubspot Marketing Community! I'm Deb Yorkman and am the VP of Marketing for a digital supply chain management company. I've been here in this role since 2014 and we migrated our CRM/Marketing Automation from Salesforce.com to Hubspot this past summer. I've been using Hubspot without really going through the formal learning process just to get everything done, but I know if I leverage this community and the tools that Hubspot has, I'll be able to do more in less time. 

My marketing superpower is punching above my weight class. Using the resources I have to drive significant growth in our industry. I'm currently enrolled in the George Washington University Women in Leadership certification program and am on the advisory council. So I've just committed to learning more in 2022!

APodbevsek

Hi marketing people of the interets.
I'm a first time CMO (and co-founder) of a Nautical startup VisionAnchor.net, that is changing the way people anchor their boats and look at the underwater environment. 
I have 8+ years experience in TV video advertising, but this is all new to me and I'm just dipping my toes in this way of marketing. The water is nice so far. Let's see how it goes 🙂

Would like to learn more about automatisation and workflows, so there is less work for me, and more for the computer 🙂 

Andrej Podbevsek
from Slovenia.

mloup

Hi everyone - I'm Mat. I work on marketing & communications at Competent Boards. Only been here two months, so looking to build out a longer-term plan. I'm currently reading Utopia Avenue by David Mitchell

SIllona
Participant

Hi everyone! My name is Shamara Illona and I'm currently starting as a marketing intern at Real Estate company. I'm excited to learn and use my resources to gain knowledge from professionals and others like me who are just starting. Since I'm new to marketing, I think my perspective to what I do best will change, but for now writing concept, blogs, or message in social media is my superpower. I'm currently reading an audible book called, "What the heck is EOS?" and learning about Hubspot marketing. I'm excited to get to know all of you here!

Liv14
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

Hey, I'm Olivia - Client Services Manager at Insynth Marketing (Construction marketing agency) - we are based in the UK and only work with construction-related companies, we don't just have customers in the UK, but international too, even one from Hong Kong!

Currently reading 'Traction' by Gino Wickman and enjoying the way it's making me think about how to improve and grow.

cradiaz
Participant

Hello, I'm Carlos.

Owner of QFlix llc, a telecommunications dealer, selling Internet for a variety of vendors and my primary business is providing and maintenance DIRECTV services to apartment complexes.

I started this business over 6 years ago and I've been honing my skills as a telecommunications technician, installing and maintaining DIRECTV systems and I provide my own organic Internet service to a couple of apartment complexes.

My marketing superpower is word of mouth by having outstanding customer service and a high level of quality when installing equipment.

I am currently reading and learning about Social Media and all out digital marketing.

ProjectMgr
Participant

Hi!  I'm Laurie and I'm Managing Partner at a digital marketing firm in Austin, Texas, Search & Convert (searchandcovert.com).  I've been with the company since 2019, starting as a freelance writer and project manager, working my way up to Managing Partner. 

My marketing superpower individually is my experience as a small business owner, selling my first company - a computer repair business - in 1992.  I was in radio and television for 10 years, which gave me added insight.  And I loved my college marketing classes.

I'm currently learning about cryptocurrency and am reading the book "Disrupt" to help our agency continue to grow disruptively.

I'm living proof that you're never too old to learn new things.  I learned SEO as I approached 60 and have continued to learn.  I'm looking forward to getting all my Hubspot certifications next!

megan-funesse
Participant

Hi there! I'm leading a team of creative marketers to market a new SaaS product. I'm in the creative marketing services industry for 15 years and working with a new client to optimize their marketing operations. I've only been with them for a few months. My marketing superpower is empowering other creatives to create their most creative work. I'm currently upskilling myself on Hubspot as it's evolved so much since I last used it. I'm reading "Atlas of the Heart: Mapping Meaningful Connection."

MRichards3
Participant

Looks like a good book -- I hope so because I went out and bought it 🙂 human connections truely are were tha magic happens 🙂 

rjiranek
Participant

Hey Megan, I'm looking for a good book on SMB web strategy. Is "Atlas of
the Heart: Mapping Meaningful Connection" good? What's the basic idea.
affuya

1. Hello. I'm Affuya and just signed up to learn digital marketing. I'm the Marketing Manager at my company which is into construction. I left my Banking job to startup this company with a friend and believe my marketing talents from my years in Banking needs an upgrade so I can function effectively in this new industry. Extremely excited to be here. 
VanyaPetrova
Participant

Hey All, 

I am happy to be part of the HS Academy in attempt to upkill my professional capabilities. I am working in IT sector, for SaaS company and now we are determined to use all HS functionalities as core of our Marketing processes. I have been in the industry for about 6 years, as Marketing data and Insights manager. And one of my strenghts is to be able to undertstand complex goals, a be able to build processes arround these. In Marketing that has been a valuable skill as I helped me undrstand and bring together sources from different systems adn drive the insights for the Marleting teams spread globally and bring them together in terms of what is working and how they perform agains the agreed KPIs. I am quite capable with understanding and measureing these, as well. My goal with learning HS is to certify, but also to undrtands how we can improve the usage of HS and simplify our current marketing processes and operations. 

ANdombi
Participant

Greetings. Argwings is my name. Currently working as a Marketing and sales executive in a property firm. For 9 months now, I have helped clients who have an interest in property and land identify their preferred properties and help them make a purchase decision. It's a challenging field. Competition is high, customers demands are increasing and the regulatory framework is dynamic.  Increased product knowledge, excellent customer service, and embracing technology is my competitive advantage. Currently, am advancing my studies in Marketing. Joining Hubspot is a great opportunity for me to horn my digital marketing skills

MSteele9
Participant

Hi. My name is Megan. I can't quite say what my role would be since I am just getting started with all of this. I started out in affiliate marketing and discovered I love everything about marketing but I don't really know where to start to actually make money. So I enrolled in the Digital Marketing courses and was directerd here. I want to learn everything I can about this industry so I can not only make my business profitable, but I can help others do the same. I look forward to learning with all of you and hope to also make some friends here. 

LVanDamme
Participant

Hello, I'm Lynn.

I am a Campaign Strategist for US Cargo Controls in the Trucking and Transportation Industry. I have only been with the company for six months, working remotely. This is my first time working in the HubSpot platform, and I am responsible for getting our marketing and sales teams set up and utilizing it. I am working on getting several of the HubSpot certifications to become the software expert for our company. 

RafaelM

Hello I am Rafael.

I am the new Vice President of Marketing at ParkBenchSolutions in the BroadWorks industry. I have been with the company for three months. I am bringing all my experience from both vendor and client side to help jump start marketing at my company. This is my first time working on the HubSpot platform, and I look forward to quickly becoming an expert.

Thank you,

Rafael

LNarayanan

Hello folks, 

I am Lakshmi. I am an inbound marketer working in the staffing and recruitment industry in Canada. I just started working here and I am looking forward to doing some wonderful magic with Inbound!

My marketing superpowers are understanding content, knowing how to use it to create a great experience, and thus build experiences leads cannot forget. 

I am currently reading and learning about ABM, and also more about Apple's email deliverability.

Lovely to meet you all. 

MRichards3
Participant

Hi There, My name is Meagan. I work in the energy sector focused on investment in various energy projects throughout Africa. I have been working as an event co-ordinator for a year, we use events as part of the marketing mix to enrich content and drive investment in to energy industries in Africa. My marketing superpowers are connecting people and companies to opportunies for growth through campaigns across various platforms, especially in person at events. I am currently learning about the complexity of the energy transition, especially for Africa. 

KolaKeshinro

HI my name is Kola Kesh, I currently work with Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling as the trade marketing designer. I looking into transitioning into core marketing, especially digital marketing.

I have 7 years working experience as a brand and category team design manager, developing POSM as well as building experiential displays for trade activation and outlet branding.

ROK1
Participant

• What's your current role? 
    Marketing Consultant
  • What industry do you currently work in? 
    High Tech
  • How long have you been with your current company?
    I officially launched my contracting business and now working on being a HS Solution Provider

• What do you consider your marketing superpowers?
    Still TBD as I wear alot of hats. For now I'd said "all things marketing automation"

• What are you currently reading or learning about? Hubspot Training and The Seat of the Soul’ by Gary Zukav
ROK1
Participant

Hello HS Community, from ROK in Virginia.