HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

New to the HubSpot Marketing Study Group? Introduce yourself here ‌⬇️‌

Marketing is about making connections — with your audience and with each other.

With that in mind, say hi and tell us a little bit about yourself.  Here's some questions you can use for inspiration:

• What's your current role?
  • What industry do you currently work in?
  • How long have you been with your current company?
  • What do you consider your marketing superpowers?
  • What are you currently reading or learning about?
1,150 Replies 1,150
AReinhardt4
Participant

Hello everyone, and happy new year! I am currently a supervisor of a marketing photography group in the tech disti world. I was a portrait and wedding photographer for over 12 years before coming into the marketing corporate world. I live fairly rural in northwestern MN and it's a love hate for me because I'm from the soutwest US and hate the cold. I have zero idea what I want to do currently, but I really love the marketing realm. I like to learn different areas of art and am currently learning pyrography. I think my biggest talent in marketing is my storytelling abilities and helping people view different perspectives. 

milljoe50

Hello, I am currently in a state government role but I have a marketing degree with a MIS Master's degree. I am looking establish my own business and needed to educate myself on the marketing strategies of today. I am currently absorbing and reading anything about multiple streams of income and connecting with my audience without being overly salesy. I want to build connections, repore and networks that will last a long time.

JWeston6
Contributor

Hi There.  I based in the UK and studying digital marketing as an updated addition to my MSc International Business.  I am looking for a role in a large organisation. 

PraveenY

Hi, fellow HubSpotters! I'm happy to be part of the HubSpot Marketing Study Group. Look forward to learning. 

UtopianK
Contributor

Good evening fellow marketing enthusiasts! My name is Heather and I am presently the Director or Marketing Technology for a small startup. My background strength is in web development but has since evolved into a more martech type of role. I am looking to strengthen my skillsets in marketing hub and learn the platform. Thank you! 🙂 

SPollack

Good afternoon and happy holidays.  I am getting certified in Hubspot to become the Director of Marketing for a law firm.  I haven't started yet, but hope to complete certification in the next few days so I can start next week.  My marketing "superpowers" are being nimble and a crazy work ethic.  I am learning about Hupspot and using it effectively, in addition to learning to play Pickleball.

anne613
Participant

Hi eveyone, I am the digital marketing manager of a medical equipment company.

I would like to sharpen my skills and would love to learn from you.

I wish you all a healthy and happy New Year!

GAhlers
Participant

I am the Executive Director of a small nonprofit ( The Empowerment Factory ) that works with children from the urban core in Rhode Island.  Hubspot is new for me.  I was using Daylite and the google suite for many years and loved it. My team just switched to Hubspot and outlook. I need to know how to use hubspot.  I am looking t see how I can add additional "potential opportunites"

KVCanipelli
Participant

Greetings and Happy (Healthy) 2022 for all!

I lead the "infrastructure" aspects of marketing and business development for a UK startup (measurable.energy) now working to scale up to official commercial launch in mid 2022.  We're a new breed of BeMS (building energy management system) that eliminates wasted "Small Power" energy (plug load) to signficiantly cut carbon emissions and save tons of money.  Our IoT hardware, control automation, machine learning, and environmental science capabilities spill into multiple sectors: ClimateTech, CleanTech, PropTech, EnergyTech and SmartBuildings. I've been in the core team from the beginning in 2018 and "the marketing person" complementing our engineer tech founders and developing segmentation in context of buyers' perspectives.  In addition to guiding our HubSpot deployment to support the strategy, I'm concentrating on channel partner development.

vmark

Hello. I am with a startup enterprise created a business that connects locally-owned businesses with their customers (both B2B and B2C). Marketing is a large component of this.

I am a strong communicator (journalist by degree and at heart). 

I am currently reading "Lean Startup".

0 Upvotes
Andreanngulo

Hello everyone,

My name is Andrea and I have a marketing background in Peru, I'm currently working as a digital marketing practitioner and just recently joined HubSpot! Best wishes to you all.

SJB
Participant

Hi Everyone

I'm Simon and I have a Sales and Operations background with marketing in the mix too. We have started a new business within the air purificaiton sector to help business bounce back as a result of COVID-19 and to help regaing customer confidence through the delivery of clean, safe air.

I am wanting to learn more about content marketing and how we can really use HubSpot to supercharge our results.

Best Wishes

Simon

OPeterBeshi
Participant

Hi everyone,

I'm new to a marketing role at a car stand in Abuja, Nigeria. This is my first chance to dig into HubSpot, and I am excited!

CedricCaceres

Hi all, im Cedric from Peru but based on Buenos Aires. Currently work as a Marketing Manager on a software company. 

KMBelnap
Participant

Hi all,

I'm new to a marketing role at a small university campus in Costa Rica. I have done a lot of PR, copywriting, copy editing, etc., but this is my first chance to dig into HubSpot, and I am excited! Today I told the campus operations director that I'm going to become a HubSpot master by January 10 (the first day for our new marketing & recruitment chief). My goal is to make HubSpot my marketing superpower.

AGnaedinger
Participant

Joining from Los Angeles. I've been in my current org for two months. We are a nonprofit messaging and research organization.

OPromise

Hi there, my name is Promise, currently I'm an Affliate marketer with Expertnaire. I choose to learn digital marketing because I want to sell with my website. 

Sue_M
Participant

Hi all! Happy to be here from the Northern Illinois (USA) area. Looking to refresh my skills with Hubspot as it's been a while since I used the tool and all it has to offer. 

MMarxen
Contributor

Hi! 
I'm Mandy - I'm a Marketing Manager for a manufacturer. I've been with the company a little over a year. My marketing "superpower" is my ability to jump in and figure things out on my own - although I do love a good lively collaboration.  Lately, I've been setting a lot of KPIs for 2022. So I've been working on my SLA (sales lead agreement) and getting pretty granular. I love spreadsheets more than I even thought I would way back in middle school Algebra. 

EBailey
Participant

HI Jorie and everyone

I'm Estelle and the Ops Director for a group of companies based in the Uk - I've been with my company over 6 years - not sure what my marketing super powers are - but always learning, enthusiasm and attention to detail are definitely my strenghs.  Reading - Great Expectations and Traction

AFinkes

Hello! Ashley Finkes here, Director of Marketing for LOTH Inc. LOTH is the leading provider of workspace solutions in the Cincinnati and Columbus markets! I look forward to incorporating a robust digital marketing tool into our current marketing strategy to expand efforts moving forward.  

Marketing superpower: cleaning up messes, creating processes, and all things analytics!