HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

New to the HubSpot Marketing Study Group? Introduce yourself here ‌⬇️‌

Marketing is about making connections — with your audience and with each other.

With that in mind, say hi and tell us a little bit about yourself.  Here's some questions you can use for inspiration:

• What's your current role?
  • What industry do you currently work in?
  • How long have you been with your current company?
  • What do you consider your marketing superpowers?
  • What are you currently reading or learning about?
1,138 Replies 1,138
Pratik12
Participant

Hello, I am Pratik Nandre from India. I am currently doing my Bachelor's degree. I want to learn about marketing and seo so I came here to Hubspot and took the course.

CWilkinson

Hi, 

I'm a new content and communications coordinator for a private training establishment. I joined the company one week ago.

My marketing strengths are writing and communciations.

In my spare time, I'm learning French. 

MMakombe
Participant

Hi 

My name is Melania Makombe. I am actually a town planning graduate but I fell in love with marketing while studying towards my degree. I don't have a degree in marketing, that is why I use online learning platforms like Hubspot to help grow my knowledge as well as get accreditation. I have been working as a freelance marketer for a year now and I am currently working with a few clients. I would like to open a digital marketing agency soon

T-Alamo

Hi! My name is Tristan and I am the sole marketing consultant for Fresh NW Design, a small business in western Washington. Our primary line of work deals with engraving and handpainted custom wine bottles for a number of wineries, NPO's, institutions and art collectors. I just graduated from Pacific Lutheran University with my BBA in Marketing! I've only been with my current company for about a month and am essentially establishing the role I'm in. Any advice for my new position would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

SaiPrem
Participant

Hi I am Saiprem from Manipur, India. I'm currently pursuing my MBA and this being my holidays, I decided to learn about Digital Marketing in order to create a social media marketing strategy for a small food processing company started by women here as part of my MBA project. I am interested in advertising and I think I'd make a good copywriter. Looking forward to lots of learning:)

Andrew_B_Hint
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

Hi!

My name is Andrew Barajas, I live in Cancun and work as a project lead for Hint, an inbound marketing agency. Hint is a diamond partner with hubspot and I just started two weeks ago!

My background is nonlinear; trained as a process consultant and QA auditor, I'm a certified peace educator, I do comedy and train comedians, I also implement social responsibility and workplace culture practices, so my superpower is versatility: I can look at one thing from many perspectives and bridge gaps between the small, the large and the weird.

I'm currently learning about inbound marketing and hubspot's software.

Nice to meet you! 

KPayne9206
Participant

My current role is leading manager in my husbands business.

The industry is a Sports Supplement and fitness and health.

We started it 5 years ago.

I honestly don't have any experience but I will say I am pretty talented on social media and already have some knowledge on how to market.

Currently learning about marketing and branding.

okweso

Hello,my name is Shantel Okweso am from Kenya but working in Dubai as a Excutive Sales and Marketing in a Technology Company.I join Hubspot this year and am really happy since am learning new skills which is really helping me at my line of work.

Best wishes to you all.

Shantel

TDhayle
Participant

Hi My name is Tisha. I am currently a Digital Marketing Manager. I work in the Distribution Sector (FMCG). I was with my company for 2 years. I consider myself to be highly skilled in advertising concepts and execution of campaigns. I am currently digesting all things Digital. 

JasonDrinkProf
Participant

Hey there.  Jason here.  I run a small business I started in 2016 called Home Wine Tasting HQ.   

I traditionally travel to your home or business to help educate you, your colleagues, friends and family about the world of wine and spirits in a simple and very social way. There's wine to taste blindly and cocktails to make.   Due to the COVID-19 lockdown, business wasn't good but the past year I've had to commit more time to working with Total Wine and More where I continue to educate and build relationships with customers but also help train staff on how to help customers get the most out of their experience.  

Before this I worked for Non-Profit organizations with many different goals within each organization where B2B marketing and business development were the main goal.  Integrated campaign planning, brand marketing, analytics and copywriting have come to be some of my greatest marketing strengths.  

My long term goal is to return to marketing full time as a fully certified CRM expert because experience with CRM concepts simply isn't enough it seems.   Nice folks out here - looking forward to getting to know you all!

BNneji
Participant

Hello everyone! My name is Blessing. I have been a Customer Experience Representative with Comcast Cable for the last 6 years. I consider my Marketing Superpowers the ability to evaluate tools to see which are the most useful for a campaign. I am currently learning about all things Digital Marketing and am taking my Master's in the subject as well but would love to earn a certification in the meantime. Nice to meet you all!

NoelAcosta
Participant

I am the Director of Marketing for a Family and Estate Planning Law firm in Seattle. I have only been with the firm for 90 days but have over 10 years of senior marketing leadership experience. I have a very strategic mindset and can really view things at that 30,000 foot level making connections to issues and opportunities outside of marketing that will benefit our overall growth. But my biggest weakness is project management aka the little details. I am currently reading and watching a whole lot about HubSpot as our firm has just adopted the platform and I have no experience with it (I have worked in Adobe stack and SalesForce environments primarily) but I am also reading a great book about Radical Candor.

sMohanty
Participant

Self-Introduction, My Name is swarup Mohanty. Always keeps the strong Faith towards developing the Carrier, learning is my part of life, and it is a high-level enthusiasm to learn more. It is enlightened and inspires me to do the better for today and towards Tomorrow. Mindset has set developing with a positive attitude as its Growth Mindset.  I can develop the skillset as it needs to enhance the deep level knowledge to analyze which finds the solution's root cause. Self-motivation to put rise the best effect to provide for a better solution. Overall, the twenty years of IT service solution in a Software company lead the Team and Manager. Project Management skills always help me to build the process to implement the deployed project successfully. A strong mindset with Growth which is the enlightening process, enhances better development through the organization. After twenty years, just last year started the startup organization IKYO TECHNOLOGY. But lots of hope and keep it reach towards the success.

Marketing is an Art of technology way to present the value of the product. It depends upon the presenter how to present that product. It co-related the entire sale process, and it keeps the essential value of the services of the product. Chanel is path should choose tin the marketing process. How it easily transmit and with accuracy value included. that is the most critical point of marketing . one of my own best quotes is, "A Digital is a new era of revolution Life Fall in Love With Digital. "

DSprague

President/New Business Development

Branding & Marketing

25 years

I am good at traditional sales

HubSpot

johnkarlo
Participant

Hello, my name is John Karlo and I am the Marketing Manager at Now IT Matters, we provide digital transformation for nonprofits and social impact organizations. I have worked at NiM for 4 months now. My marketing superpower is that I have the ability to work on strategy as well as execution; my job is to take high-level marketing plans and execute those plans from ideation to implementation. I understand marketing tools and can implement them from a technical perspective. Right now it's all HubSpot, during this onboarding process.

Marylonia
Participant

Hello, my name is Lonia and I'm new here. For the pointers in your post, I'm basically learning email marketing and this is my first class with HubSpot. As it stands, I am not working with any company yet, I hope to work with or for one anytime soon I really hope someone calls me up for it just to learn and grow with the company. 

For my marketing superpower, I really don't have an idea. 

Currently I'm learning email marketing strategy I just decided to follow the link in the class and see where it leads me to.

AZychowicz
Participant

Hi, My name is Anna. I'm a Trade Marketing Manager in printing company. I'm working here for 5 years. I have a good contact with majority of people I work with. Currently I started the Hubspot training.

LaurieHead
Participant

Hi, Everyone. My name is Laurie Head and I am the co-owner and VP of marketing communications for AIS Network (www.aisn.net). We're an IT consulting and managed services provider specializing in cloud enablement, cybersecurity, application development and managed services. I've been in this role since December 2009 (yes, we bought the company during a financial crisis -- crazy, huh?).  I don't know whether I have a marketing super power, but keeping a small business in business during a financial crisis and during a pandemic seems like a plus. I am currently pursuing HubSpot Academy, because I feel like I only take advantage of 10% of HubSpot's many great benefits. We have a contract to integrate HubSpot with Vidyard for the next three years, but I am lost on how to maximize the potential of that, so I hope to learn more. Thanks!      

LukasKr
Contributor

Hey everyone,

my name is Lukas, soon to turn 29 years, born in Germany, moved and settled in Norway and in a serious role switching frenzy currently. I am actually a trained physiotherapist and exercise physiologist, so my superpower is knowing the absolute latest research on all things exercise, health and sleep.

I work with my current company for soon to be 2 years, the company itself is just over 3 years old, so we are a startup in healthtech. I am employed within Customer Success but since we are a small company, I do everything from research project administration, to sales, marketing and customer support. Now, I will assist in training our marketing expert to use Hubspot to the max, thats why I am taking the certification course for Marketing Hub.

SRose-Robinso
Participant

Hello, I am Sia Rose-Robinson. I am currently on faculty in the School of Business at Howard University. On July 1 I will transition to the position of Program Coordinator for the Center for Career Excellence in the School of Business. I have been with Howard Univeristy for over 15 years. My marketing superpower would be in-person engagement. I utilize my communication skills to sell individuals on products and services.  Currently, I am learning about HubSpot and Career Coaching.

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Hi @SRose-Robinso! Congrats on the new role! How exciting 😄 Glad to have you with us!!

0 Upvotes