HubSpot Marketing

DWiznitzer

Need Pro For Exercises

SOLVE

Hey ya'll

I'm going through the academy but the the buyer persona lesson it says that I need marketing hub professional. So...

1) I don't think you need Pro to create a persona... i did it with the "free" version

2) Does not having pro mean I can't get my certifications?

Thnx

1 Accepted solution
JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Need Pro For Exercises

SOLVE

Oops! 😅 Just updated the message! Sorry about that!

I totally hear you. We've got something in the works re: sandbox accounts that will hopefully solve for this pain moving forward. I don't have an exact date on that feature yet, but I think our product team is looking to launch in the next couple of months. In the meantime, though, you can email me at academy@hubspot.com and I can help get some of the requirements waived!

Alternatively, starting Marketing Professional trial while you're taking the certification could also ensure you have all the necessary tools linked to your account to pass the practical exercises.

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Need Pro For Exercises

SOLVE

Hi @DWiznitzer  👋👋👋

Great questions! All of the required practical exercises in the HubSpot Marketing Software Certification have that same message. This is to ensure users are aware that many of the exercises in this particular certification will require at least a Marketing Hub Professional account to fully complete. 

As to your second question, the majority of the certifications do not require a paid account. Only the HubSpot Marketing Software and CMS for Marketers certification courses do because many of features they cover are only found in the HubSpot Professional or Enterprise tiers. 

DWiznitzer

Need Pro For Exercises

SOLVE

Hey Jorie, (I'm not DwiP btw, i think that's one of your coworkers!)

So... at the risk of saying something that I'm sure ten million have already said, it would be awesome if there was some sort of dummy account that folks could train on. "you gotta already work at a place that has this software in order to be certified for this software" is kinda.... unfair? Especially when it's $$$. 

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Need Pro For Exercises

SOLVE

Oops! 😅 Just updated the message! Sorry about that!

I totally hear you. We've got something in the works re: sandbox accounts that will hopefully solve for this pain moving forward. I don't have an exact date on that feature yet, but I think our product team is looking to launch in the next couple of months. In the meantime, though, you can email me at academy@hubspot.com and I can help get some of the requirements waived!

Alternatively, starting Marketing Professional trial while you're taking the certification could also ensure you have all the necessary tools linked to your account to pass the practical exercises.

0 Upvotes
GLowndes

Need Pro For Exercises

SOLVE

I'm having the same problem. I emailed the email address mentioned above but got an auto-response saying that the inbox isn't monitored.

0 Upvotes
DWiznitzer

Need Pro For Exercises

SOLVE

Hey @JorieMunroe 

Ooo that's right, there IS a 30 day isn't there? I could cram! The sandbox sounds like a great idea, so I wholeheardtedly give that a thumbs up. 

Indeed I might email you as well. Thanks for the tips! 

anshbka

Need Pro For Exercises

SOLVE

Hey Jorie

I have taken up the trial versions and I just reached the first practical exercise in the Marketing Hub course. The first exercise is to create a contact.

I have rightly done so, but there's no indication or prompt to signal that I've finished my exercise. Just worried if it will still be counted as a completed exercise. Could you please clarify/confirm?

Thanks! (Love your composure in the videos)

0 Upvotes