HubSpot Marketing

Roynal
Contributor

Is your email 📧 sequence converting your trial customers to paid users💰?

We think email is a powerful tool to convert users into paid users

An email sequence that works will keep your free trial user engaged👍, give them value, build a connection, and get you the most paid conversions💰.

How is your email sequence working out for you? Are you meeting your conversion goals? Are your free trial users even clicking on your emails? 

We wrote about the free trial email sequence on our blog. In our blog, we break it down into a simple eight-step plan that will connect with your users and show them the value of your product. Give it a read here.📖

What are the challenges you face with your SaaS email sequence? Please share with us↗️.

6 Replies 6
sergilvelez

Is great

0 Upvotes
MaryA1
Contributor

@Roynal wrote:

We think email is a powerful tool to convert users into paid users

An email sequence that works will keep your free trial user engaged👍, give them value, build a connection, and get you the most paid conversions💰.

How is your email sequence working out for you? Are you meeting your conversion goals? Are your free trial users even clicking on your emails? 

We wrote about the free trial email sequence on our blog. In our blog, we break it down into a simple eight-step plan that will connect with your users and show them the value of your product. Give it a read here.📖

What are the challenges you face with your SaaS email sequence? Please share with us↗️

The first thing is to think about what your main goal is for writing the email in the first place. Then craft a design that will keep your potential lead on the page. Use whitespace to your advantage and a simple photo for flair. 

Finally place an easy and clear CTA to lead the reader to the desired action. 

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Great conversation starter @Roynal! Thanks for the tag @kvlschaefer 😊

Whether it's Sequences or Workflows, a challenge I find in sending email campaigns right now is feeling confident in the analytics and insights. As a consumer, I love the privacy power I have. As a marketer/communicator, it does have its challenges. How can I rest assured that someone has opened and clicked? Or not opened (which has its own follow up strategies)?

I'm finding other ways to measure success, like learning more about the humans on the other side of the email and offering them more contextual communications, getting replies or clicks over to other assets. 

Curious what others think about this new world? 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing this with us, @Roynal! These are great tips for building an engaging sequence 🙂 

I would like to invite our stellar community members to this conversation.

Hi @danmoyle@Josh@Bryantworks@Jnix284@Mike_Eastwood@jforte - What are some challenges you have run into with email sequences? 

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Thanks @kvlschaefer , I also enjoyed reading the article and how to build effective sequences for SaaS trial offers, lots of good insights here!

I've done quite a few free trials for various software over the years and I think the biggest takeaway I have is to make sure your email frequency matches your trial length.

7-day trial? Please don't send an email every day, or make it relevant to my usage of the tool and personalize the content and delivery/scheduling.

I'm working on a mini-sequence now for a shorter demo offer and am looking forward to hearing what the others have to share!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

danmoyle

That's a great call out, @Jnix284. What do users expect (and accept) as far as a cadence of email communications? Everyday is a lot. But if every email builds value and gives me tips or other insights, am I okay with that? A lot to think about... 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/