Marketing Integrations

MAgarwal5
Participant

How to create a list of companies that are deleted in Salesforce?

Hi community members,

Our HubSpot account is integrated with Salesforce and we want to delete the companies in Hubspot if they are deleted in Salesforce. I tested that it doesn't happen by default. Is there any other way to achieve this? Or at least a way to create a list/view of these companies that we can then delete manually?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Meenal

5 Replies 5
SaraMae
Contributor

Hello! I also manage a Saleforce / Hubspot integration and you have to get pretty clever with Active Lists and Workflows to make things seamless. 

Looks like we can't automatically delete a Company with a Workflow (yet), so in this situation, I would create an Active List, which will automatically populate with new deleted Companies in SalesForce and you can set a calendar reminder to manually remove them in HubSpot at the frequency that works for you. 

Active List:
- Contacts > Lists > Create List 

- Select "Company Based"

- Select "Active List"

- Add filter "Salesforce Deleted" = "True"

Then mass delete the Companies in the list:

- Click check box upper left

- Click "Select All ### Contacts"

- Click "More"

- Click "Delete" & follow safety prompts

MAgarwal5
Participant

Hi Sara, thanks for responding. We currently don't have "Salesforce Deleted" property enabled for Companies in our account. We have asked the HubSpot team to enable it for us. Post this, I'll use your suggested approach to perform the deletions.

Toffseo

Hi Diana Gomez, thanks for the information. I was looking for this solution 

DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MAgarwal5, I hope you are doing well.

It seems that your goal is to automatically delete a company record in HubSpot when an account is deleted on Salesforce. Do note that while this is a setting applicable to contacts , at this time, it does not apply to Company Records.

With contacts, we could indeed use the "Salesforce deleted" property - After checking if we can roll this out for "company records" as well, so we can use this as a filter for our lists. 

I can confirm It is possible, It sounds like this will actually be rolled out to all portals in the near future, so you are just ahead of the game for now 🙂

In order to be able to create a list of the companies deleted in Salesforce, the HubSpot team will require to do the process on their end. Please contact them directly and they will help you with it 🙂

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

MAgarwal5
Participant

Hi Diana, thanks for your response. We have asked HubSpot team to enable this property for us. 

0 Upvotes