HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Professor de Inbound
Professor de Inbound

How often do you clean your contacts database?

We’re in a data-driven era, where datasets are shared between marketing, sales, and customer service teams to increase organizational effectiveness and facilitate alignment. When you have high levels of inconsistent data, it’s not just one team taking the hit. It’s everyone. The entire company. The fallout from that bad data extends to every corner of your business that the data touches. With that in mind, how often do you currently audit and clean your contacts database? Once a month? Every quarter? Once a year? What does the process look like? Share your thoughts and current schedule.

1.605 Respostas 1.605
DWilson90
Participante

I think it's wise to clean/update data gradually and en masse every quarter. Things should be taken away and added to a companies data, as per instance. Once, every quarter should there be a general cleaning of unused/misappropriated data.

0 Avaliação positiva
VKOKHANENKO
Membro

Every 3 month

0 Avaliação positiva
TWhelan6
Membro

Quarterly 

0 Avaliação positiva
JoOsantos1
Membro

Less times than it was supposed. This is something that we most focus in order to be effective!

0 Avaliação positiva
ESALBY
Membro

Every three months. 

0 Avaliação positiva
JRowe4
Membro

quarterly

0 Avaliação positiva
MBasheerp
Membro

In my view, cleaning the contacts database is a critical task that should be carried out regularly to maintain data accuracy and reliability across all departments. I believe in conducting a thorough audit of the database on a quarterly basis. This frequency strikes a balance between keeping the data clean and not overwhelming the team with constant clean-up tasks.

The process typically involves running automated checks to identify and remove duplicate entries, updating outdated information, and verifying the accuracy of the data. Additionally, it's essential to involve multiple teams, such as marketing, sales, and customer service, in the cleaning process to ensure that everyone's needs and perspectives are considered.

By adhering to this quarterly schedule and involving cross-functional teams, we can ensure that our data remains consistent, reliable, and beneficial for all departments, ultimately leading to more effective business operations and better customer experiences.

carias
Top colaborador(a)

I think that it´s necessary to clean your database each month, check the client´s information, delete incomplete or false information

0 Avaliação positiva
MStewart94
Membro

Quarterly

0 Avaliação positiva
BLatos
Membro

quarterly

0 Avaliação positiva
Vojin
Participante

Every 3 months there should be a KPI evalution system in place tracking SMART goals and making everyone accountable. That being said, the database should also be cleaned in order to properly evaluate if our prospects in it are optimally qualified for our strategy and our messages. Inbound marketing strategies require consistent alignment of what are we sending and who are we sending it to. 

0 Avaliação positiva
Nam21
Membro

quarterly cleaning my database

0 Avaliação positiva
Aman_Jha
Membro

I have created automated workflow to clean the database and mark the non relevant Contacts as Non Marketing every month.

0 Avaliação positiva
TayoOlajide
Membro

Cleaning your data base every quarter is good practice. Looking to implement this at work. Thanks for the post 

Singhjsa
Membro

I Clean my contacts database every 3 months to ensure it stays accurate and valuable for the work

OBunyula
Membro

Personally, I would aim to clean my contacts database every three months to ensure it stays accurate and valuable for my business.

EVilla34
Membro

Quarterly

SZorca
Membro

For me, twice a year. Mid year, and annual 🙂

STewatia
Membro

Regularly cleaning your contacts database is essential for data accuracy and maximizing value. A quarterly audit helps identify errors, remove duplicates, and update outdated information. This proactive approach minimizes the impact of bad data, ensuring better decision-making and improved business outcomes.

0 Avaliação positiva
AEspinoza4
Membro

Once a year, I will do that activity more regularly.

0 Avaliação positiva