HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

How do you keep your campaign assets organized?

Marketing campaigns are organized, strategized efforts to promote a specific company goal, such as raising awareness of a new product or capturing customer feedback. They typically aim to reach consumers in a variety of ways and involve a combination of media, including but not limited to email, print advertising, television or radio advertising, pay-per-click, and social media.

But with so many moving pieces, it can be difficult to stay organized and ensure every piece of content feels cohesive with the rest. What is your advice to marketers creating their first campaign? What are your tips to stay organized and ensure you’re on track to hitting your campaign goals?

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating a Campaign in HubSpot lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

534 Replies 534
Shahbaz
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Thank you! We love HubSpot 😍

Migrate. Setup. Integrate. Create Co-opetition with us! https://app.hubspot.com/meetings/Shahbaz
0 Upvotes
JFjeld

We use naming conventions to make it easy to create dashboards, reports, and lists based off of incoming donations from the campaign. Hubspot makes it easy for us to keep everything in one place, but sometimes we track other metrics in our organization's Google Drive. 

0 Upvotes
IMortell

We currently use a competing software that is terrible.

0 Upvotes
VanyaPetrova
Participant

Currenlty we use different methods of combining the efforts of different team - we have brifs, ticket system and planning tools, calendars, lots of GANTT charts and Slakc channels to do so. However, that becones very complex to manage and align on, so we may need to explore the option of one place for all Marketing activities, such as Hubspot calendar, Tasks and Hubspot teams. Which we plan to implenet in the very recent future. 

0 Upvotes
LynnSed
Participant

We've used naming conventions and listed all the assets in each campaign to keep them straight. Now in a new company so let's see how it goes here as we are using much more of a testing methodology rather than longer pre-planned campaigns.

0 Upvotes
MWood95

Establish goals & KPI's, quantify, and determine how will you measure results. Create marketing tasks to keep team organized and on target. Use social media and email scheduling tools.

mwil19
Participant

Ensure each campaign is set up correctly with the right assets added. Day to day I rely on content calendar also.

LNarayanan

I create projects in Hubspot and ensure each project has it's assets. 

We also use sharepoint and teams, with content specific folders so that the assets are centralized.

KCarroll3

my content calendar

0 Upvotes
MoussaMazouzi
Contributor

Participant

0 Upvotes
McelMaturgo
Participant

Everything work well if we calendar everything so that we can always look on those we need to work on and what are all the things we're done.

0 Upvotes
MTannerACT

i create projects in hubspot with my marketing campaigns and assign tasks to different members

Kmthoa

I put all my campaign in front of me in web analytics to be easier to see every time I needed 

0 Upvotes
JQuick

I keep my Marketing campaigns organized by creating projects in teamwork. This helps me stay on top of my priorities and allows me to shift if needed. Everything is laid out right in front of me. 

0 Upvotes
CMottl

I have several methods for staying organized. First, I have a daily planner that helps me think about what I have to get done that day, as well as what needs to be completed in the future. Then I have a white board of ideas and important dates that helps me remember, as well as reminders I set on my phone. As annoying and tedious as it may seem, important tasks and information can be easy to forget if not written down several times. In doing so you're cementing and prioritizing it in your head.

RGKimball

Check every week.

0 Upvotes
NDoyle
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

Marketing camaigns need to be well organised and managed well.

0 Upvotes
LSeidl

We currently use Asana as our Marketing/Project management tool. Creating a template with all the elements that go into a campaign is a great start. It's helpful to keep naming conventions consistent, also. That way tracking and analyzing will become effortless.

CRomashko
Contributor

I loved using Asana! Especially the flying unicorn ;-).  I've used Wrike too which also can create templates, dashboards and reports that I can share with clients (internal or external).

0 Upvotes
JBibb
Participant

I like to organize by year and service offering. We use a nomenclature set up so we can keep track of these year over year.

0 Upvotes
DBienkowski

With a new marketing team, we are struggling with organization of managing campaigns. Will be looking at some resources to help.