HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

How do you keep your campaign assets organized?

Marketing campaigns are organized, strategized efforts to promote a specific company goal, such as raising awareness of a new product or capturing customer feedback. They typically aim to reach consumers in a variety of ways and involve a combination of media, including but not limited to email, print advertising, television or radio advertising, pay-per-click, and social media.

But with so many moving pieces, it can be difficult to stay organized and ensure every piece of content feels cohesive with the rest. What is your advice to marketers creating their first campaign? What are your tips to stay organized and ensure you’re on track to hitting your campaign goals?

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating a Campaign in HubSpot lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

534 Replies 534
MMueller4
Participant

At my company, we draft a Marketing Content Calendar at the beginning of each calendar year. This calendar is public to everyone on our team and is a decent way of keeping track of who is responsible for which campaigns, when these campaigns are due/scheduled to send, which topic(s) each campaign covers, etc. We do not use any sort of HubSpot integration for this as of yet, but we do use HubSpot for all of our digital campaigns (social & email primarily). 

HCliffe
Contributor

I use an editorial calendar to lay out content release, but I'm interested to use the automation of hubspot in tracking campaigns that involved retargeting with email, ppc, display and social.

CBurt

Right now we use a shared Outlook calendar.  It's not good.  Looking forward to implement the HubSpot tools and resources.

Rodinakhaled
Participant

Gathering all the assets for each campaign in one campaign can ease the use of them and can easily be reached later

0 Upvotes
RBeaucher

I would compare this to project management - build a team, set a budget, create a timeline, and communicate, communicate, communicate.

LKrause8

Set budget, timeline, responsible person/people, and campaign goals in advance. Then, use calendar to track action taken items against the timeline, use KPI to track the result, and calculate CPM, CTR, CPC, CPS along the way. 

0 Upvotes
BPurkeypile

I have not yet created my first campaign, but if I become unsure of myself during the process I will just remind myself what the cmpany was created for. To add value to customers and help make their lives easier. Everything the company puts out into the world should align with the core principles. I feel like staying organized comes with experience, but I will make sure to look at the bigger picture and not get too caught up with the little things. 

0 Upvotes
pkiermeier

Well, first of all, based on our overall strategy, we align on the topic, the purpose, the budget, the timeline and goals, the markets we want to address, the target persona and its stage in the funnel, and how the full flow (every single step) of that campaign should look like including the follow-up process with inside sales and sales. We create a campaign briefing that includes all this information and also defines the content pieces we want to develop (or reuse) and the channels we want to address. With this, we will have a kick-off with all stakeholders.
Then we start developing the contents using Trello as a project and task management tool. When producing the contents and setting up the campaign elements in HubSpot we follow a strict naming convention for every single element that is part of that campaign (campaign, asset, landing pages (A/B variants), forms, emails, lists, workflows, ctas, reports, etc.) so it is easy to understand how the items belong together. When we roll out the campaign we have put reports in place that allow us to measure the success and get insights into how to optimize the pieces that might not work as expected.

RByas
Participant

great.

0 Upvotes
CBrown6
Participant

Have a kick off meeting with the stakeholders and the marketing team members working on it ti set goals and work through concerns is always best. Have an agenda and make sure everyone is in agreement on what sucess looks like before the meeting ends. 

0 Upvotes
Shark
Contributor

I have not started any new campaigns yet. But I imagine when I get to it, I will do it by date, or by offering. 

0 Upvotes
DGarcia1203
Participant

It's good to plan but don't get too bogged down on too many details. It takes away from productivity and efficiency. The key is to have objectives and goals that align yourself with sales, management and other relevant stakeholders.

0 Upvotes
KLayton

Create a schedule or personal deadlines to complete tasks on time. 

0 Upvotes
MKireev
Participant

Name campaign as 

"Client name - campaign MM/DD"

PBowring

Set a timeline and have weekly, if not daily, check ins with your team to establish good communication and ensure that the campaign is staying on track. 

0 Upvotes
SDeMartini

Communication and tracking. 

0 Upvotes
roseday

Outline your individual or company marketing goals first

0 Upvotes
SSOPHY
Participant

😁

0 Upvotes
MBarranco9

Organization and meetings. 

0 Upvotes
MZazueta

I haven´t being able to create a Campaign yet. But I guess I will divide them according to the profile client, it means by target of promotion, if its for a member, or if its for a referral of member, or a client new, etc...

0 Upvotes
BKamper
Participant

I think it's good to start small, develop a strategy for 30-60 days, and understand that done is better than perfect.

The first campaign I did for my current engagement was a co-branded webinar with another firm. We planned for three invites, a registration landing page, and a follow-up email for attendees and those who missed. 

What did we forget? HOW TO GET LEADS TO THE SALES TEAM! After a live event, speed-to-lead is extremely important. We learned that in our webinar platform you can actually create a poll that allows attendees to raise their hand and request to be contacted FIRST, which was huge for our group.