HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Examples of Lead Nurturing Workflows

On a past thread, we discussed some of the ways that workflows can trigger your team internally. You can use them to automate data clean up or to trigger notifications to your sales team.

Now, let’s discuss ways you can use workflows to engage your leads and customers.

For example, one of my all-time favorite ways to use workflows is to re-engage leads that have abandoned their shopping cart.

The concept here is simple: When someone adds an item to their online shopping cart but leaves your site without completing the purchase, you can trigger an email workflow that reminds them of their forgotten purchase and motivates them to Live the transaction by offering a special discount code or some other incentive to buy.

That’s my favorite use workflows! How are you currently using yours? Sound off in the comments below.

512 Replies 512
Jeannairene68
Contributor

Unfortunately, workflows is not a feature I have access to, but I can see the value and wish it was. If I did (and I can set this up in other ways) I would like to create a workflow for sales. I'm really not comfortable in that area, so I think a workflow would nudge me forward. For example, in regard to my free audit offer, my workflow might push the request to my tasks list to do the audit, then an email to deliver and offer a consultation, then it would push a playbook to the file so that I remembered to use that (another feature I don't have). Next, I would add a follow-up email with a downloadable ebook. Then all this would be tested and modified as I get more comfortable with sales and the steps I should include. And of course, I do think much of this is a workflow that can naturally happen within the Hubspot platform, but I'm still learning, so I'm not sure yet.

0 Upvotes
BAllen18
Contributor

I believe for our business it will be the welcome and post-training follow-ups. Also, a workflow that works between our Discovery Call - Proposal - Contracted Agreent stages.

EWilson38

I consult marketing leaders on marketing automation and design lifecycle workflows routinely. Some of the transactional workflows essential for any ecommerce platform are the welcome series, subscriber upgrade/upsell, customer survey, cancellation, and winback workflows

0 Upvotes
KRomero26

I haven't used worflows yet but I remember few days ago, I was checking for an online course and I was seeing their landing page just before the payment option, then I left the website and went to Instagram, where an Ad in the story of the guy's course made a video specifying He saw I checked for the course and leave without paying it. As disruptive as I felt it, I found it interesting the interaction since he described exactly as it happened (I checked and left)  and this triggered me 😆

KJones0
Contributor

We could use company-based workflows to nuture leads in the communities we serve and have reached out to in the past but we want to follow up with again. 

JCBenares
Participant

I'd like the automated work flows that lead customers to more knowledge and understanding to how we can remind them of our promos and discounts for  the next purchase. Automation can also have a real time response to create the feeling of instant assistance and concern form the company I purchase from.

GDunn1

My favorite way to re-engage those interested in our product but weren't able to purchase at the original time of meeting them is to offer a holiday special by using specific workflows based upon where they were in the lifecycle stage.

LSchreiber
Member | Platinum Partner
Member | Platinum Partner

Nurturing new leads. Not everyone is ready to purchase right away but if we can help in their journey from discovery to evaluation, we can help provide them the information they need as well as point out a company's attributes. 

sadirahmanbd
Contributor

workflow should have gone from scratch

0 Upvotes
jranido

A lead-nurturing workflow works by creating various channels which contacts are filtered into by either their interests, engagement level, or stage in the buyer's journey.

0 Upvotes
SGamit

In this complex workflow automation provides easy solutions with a human input. The best workflow is described when a consumer is send awareness input, reminded if forgotten and helped it stuck somewhere on your website and lead directly to the page were he wants to be. It makes company's task easy and also generate business 

bkmarketing
Participant

In our case - setting up demo for SMS marketing services - an ideal workfow consists of 3 to 4 follow up emails. The journey begins by first explaining the application features, motivating user to sig up for a free demo account, offering flat discount on instant subscription and finally asking for a time slot to provide an onlline demo.

KHornung1
Participant

Still learning, but see workflows working on me all the time as I vist Costco, Amazon, shutterfly...

looking forward to encorporationg these on our web.

I need help on the coordination of linking HubSpot with Wix

Ken

0 Upvotes
Soegaard
Participant

Thanks for the great post! 

I'm still a novice to setting up workflows, so im not sure if this is the right place to ask my question but here goes. 

My current flow is: 

Sending info mail to contactlist >> mail links to our landingpage >> when customers visit the landingpage there is more detailed info on what, why and how >> they can then fill out a simple contactform or contact us directly via phone. 

Besides the info on the landingpage, I would like to offer them a free webinar where we can "show not tell" what our offer includes and how they can benefit from it and have therefore created a workflow to handle this. 

Questions 

a) How do i make sure, that people who have filled out our contactform on the landingpage gets unenrolled from the workflow? so we don't spam them with invites 

b) If you have any feedback on my current flow or other good advice, i'm open for suggestions.

Thanks in advance 
Simon

PKumar842

My favourae is like Amazon shopping cart where he items that you ahve viewed and did not purchase goes to a separate box and they keep sending you ntifications with more information about those items. 

0 Upvotes
TGoon74

Workflows are significant in terms of using software to send reminder emails and updates to customers without human input.  It's a great way to follow up on customers in a "gentle" way to not forget about the company and to continue browsing or shopping on the company site.

0 Upvotes
EInnes

I think it is fantastic that you can specify set timing and paths for leads depending on their actions.

GJackson1

I love hubspot

0 Upvotes
cqburris
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

One of my favorite workflows is to send an email after someone has viewed an ad.  We typically see high CTRs on these emails as the user just recently had some awareness and is more likely to engage. 

EstefaniaMo
Participant

Uso los flujos para calificar mis leads y asignarlos a mi equipo de ventas

0 Upvotes
HVanDerMerwe5

I am busy with training and we already have triggers in place to see how our agents perform in their daily tasks