HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Examples of Lead Nurturing Workflows

On a past thread, we discussed some of the ways that workflows can trigger your team internally. You can use them to automate data clean up or to trigger notifications to your sales team.

Now, let’s discuss ways you can use workflows to engage your leads and customers.

For example, one of my all-time favorite ways to use workflows is to re-engage leads that have abandoned their shopping cart.

The concept here is simple: When someone adds an item to their online shopping cart but leaves your site without completing the purchase, you can trigger an email workflow that reminds them of their forgotten purchase and motivates them to Live the transaction by offering a special discount code or some other incentive to buy.

That’s my favorite use workflows! How are you currently using yours? Sound off in the comments below.

501 Replies 501
KViskovatykh

Interesting

0 Upvotes
KRichardsMIND
Participant

One way that we use workflows in our company is by linking specific members of our salesteam to Sales Qualified Leads in specific geographic locations. I love this because it is automated and makes sifting through possible leads simple and to-the-point!

ASharma2802

interesting

0 Upvotes
WRollins
Contributor

My favorite way is probably once they've entered into the client status, means they typically want everything I can send out.

0 Upvotes
AWilmoth

We also use cart abandonment email triggers.

0 Upvotes
bcrist

We use ours to grow interest in our product.  Our product is expensive and it takes education for someone to buy! 

0 Upvotes
AWasher

lead generation customerss 

0 Upvotes
KHolt
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Lead gen

0 Upvotes
KKeeton
Participant

We use workflows update contact records based on their subscription renewals, shop purchases and certification enrollments/completions.

KLaing

We create workflows to automate contacting customers at certain stages of their customer lifecycle eg. before expiration of warranties.

BCorning

Creating a new workflow to email a customer about an expiring deal that they showed earlier interest in.

gibranding
Participant

Workflows to trigger a contact in the consideration stage when they visit a blog page with more info related to the subject would be useful to keep them engaged.

0 Upvotes
CBrenner

We could use workflows to re-engage investors that showed interest.

RCarey2
Participant

I am begiining to build work flows and sequences to automate the Deal Nurture process. We occasionally have deals that are stalled or pushed and the AE's are too busy closing current busniess. Automation will assist my BDR in sending monthly reminders or probing questions to see if they are ready to re-enage

0 Upvotes
HBahsoun

New subscribers are added to our Newsletter list. They also receive a personalized marketing campaign based on their persona attribution. If they engage, scoring goes up and if it reaches a certain value, they become visible to sales reps for prospection.

KS2022
Contributor

I agree with a lot of the comments around using workflows for follow up emails; we also automate all of our newsletters through workflows so when potential customers subscribe from multiple channels they are automatically added to workflows. 

We also use it as a way to add leads collected from linkedin lead gen campaigns to email campaigns. 

0 Upvotes
BOesch
Participant

We are using workflows to send automated emails to a specific group of contacts to fulfill business and marketing strategies. 

0 Upvotes
jmmariano
Contributor

I was also thinking of the same! Well, I think we can also use Workflows for those who have left a negative feedback on recent customer service encounter. If a bad feedback was left by a recent customer, we can get back to the customer and ask how we can make it up to them, or somehow find out how we can finally resolve their issues with the product of service we are offering them.

HIm

Now I can understand how online shopping malls contacted me with the items I left in the cart. As an intern, I need to find out how my company is using the workflow for the customers! 

LLabissiere
Participant

interesting,  that's new for me

0 Upvotes
PTurner

Workflows that use content-mapping to segment audiences. This helps ensure we deilver the most relevant and valuable information at the right time.