HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Examples of Lead Nurturing Workflows

On a past thread, we discussed some of the ways that workflows can trigger your team internally. You can use them to automate data clean up or to trigger notifications to your sales team.

Now, let’s discuss ways you can use workflows to engage your leads and customers.

For example, one of my all-time favorite ways to use workflows is to re-engage leads that have abandoned their shopping cart.

The concept here is simple: When someone adds an item to their online shopping cart but leaves your site without completing the purchase, you can trigger an email workflow that reminds them of their forgotten purchase and motivates them to Live the transaction by offering a special discount code or some other incentive to buy.

That’s my favorite use workflows! How are you currently using yours? Sound off in the comments below.

513 Replies 513
HGrant
Participant

This will just help you become more efficient 

0 Upvotes
JWestover
Contributor

I think using workflows to automate communications throughout the buyers journey is the most important thing to do with them. 

When you map to the buyer journey you can ensure that your customers have the information they need when they need it. 

I will say a word of caution, this plan only works if the customer is the main focus, and it's not built with the idea of "What do we as a company want to send here" instead have the mindset of " What does my customer need here?" 

JCaceres
Participant

Follow up workflows after someone has expressed interest in a vehicle that showcases similar models to the one they're looking for and connects them to a salesperson at the dealership nearest them.

marba

I think these ideas listed here are great.

Depending on the lead nurturing campaign, helpful workflows like subscriber/welcome email workflows provide them with other relevant content and learn more about their interests. Also, a topic related workflow that targets every stage of the buyer's journey and enrols the contact depending on their actions, to better segmentation and lead scoring. 

I will use the above to create different buyer journeys. 

bailey_irick
Participant

Workflows are extremely important because people get busy! I have used this in the past as a way of sending a reminder text a week after meeting with clients.

0 Upvotes
JPantojaRico
Contributor

I agree that workflows would be appropriate for follow up emails.

0 Upvotes
LPandy

I agree that workflows would be appropriate for follow up emails.

0 Upvotes
CPelosi
Participant

Workflows can be used to send automated followup emails to make the recipient aware of next steps in their journey, promote additional products/services and share additional relevant content. Plus, you can use them to keep your team aware of actions being taken and setup followup steps.

0 Upvotes
CMcKelvey

Following up with a client to remind them. Sometimes clients have a lot on their plate and it can be hard to remember things.

0 Upvotes
indiracatmedia
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

Depending on the lead nurturing campaign, helpful workflows like subscriber/welcome email workflows provide them with other relevant content and learn more about their interests. Also, a topic related workflow that targets every stage of the buyer's journey and enrols the contact depending on their actions, to better segmentation and lead scoring.

0 Upvotes
kimbriglio
Participant

One of my favorite workflows is triggering an alert to an owner (salesperson) that their customer has visited a partifulcar landing page.  This alerts the salesperson to contact this customer about what they are looking for.

SamirAbdi

Following up with a client to remind them.

0 Upvotes
GJahan
Participant

One of my favorite workflows is to send an email after a couple of days when the particular newsletter recipients open the email, but didn't click on any given link. 

Sheryll
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

Guiding onboarding clients to use workflows for lead nurturing and those fell off the cracks.

0 Upvotes
vgraham

That is a great workflow

0 Upvotes
RebeccaMenes
Contributor

I work for a fintech start-up that hasn't launched its product in the market yet. What's most important for us at this early stage is to ensure our waitlist prospects stay warm. I'm going to create a workflow to keep them engaged and excited about our product launch.

0 Upvotes
MZhao

really cool

0 Upvotes
AVara
Contributor

I've used a workflow to nurture people who sign up for free trials. If the company is a target account, the workflow branches to send those leads emails from the company owner. If they're not a target account, the contact will receive emails from marketing.

MShirley89

I've used product-usage and persona-based workflows that consider the needs of specific personas, combined with the progress that a user has made in the product experience in order to determine what and when they'll get content.

0 Upvotes
IMalone

Really good!

0 Upvotes
SBiernacki

I like our workflows because it keeps us organized! 

0 Upvotes