HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Examples of Lead Nurturing Workflows

On a past thread, we discussed some of the ways that workflows can trigger your team internally. You can use them to automate data clean up or to trigger notifications to your sales team.

Now, let’s discuss ways you can use workflows to engage your leads and customers.

For example, one of my all-time favorite ways to use workflows is to re-engage leads that have abandoned their shopping cart.

The concept here is simple: When someone adds an item to their online shopping cart but leaves your site without completing the purchase, you can trigger an email workflow that reminds them of their forgotten purchase and motivates them to Live the transaction by offering a special discount code or some other incentive to buy.

That’s my favorite use workflows! How are you currently using yours? Sound off in the comments below.

501 Replies 501
KHernandez

Most companies use the for recruitment purposes 

Yshannon77

We will mostly likely use workflows to engage our clients after their initial service is complete to let them know that we offer other services that may be useful to them. 

iqrls

We are just starting to use workflows and that is way I'm doing this course.

NMPohl
Contributor

We are just using ours right now to alert our sales people when customers hit significant milestones in our pipeline to make sure there is plenty of human touches! 

MGlenn

We use workflows to automate our trial onboarding process and nurture those in our pipeline. 

CGabriel2

I use it to build customer relations

aagg

Workflows can be useful when filtering leads by region. Engagements that are vetted by locations of interest to optimize leads is one way my company may thrive.
BRiback

I like to apply them to pre-expire efforts.

ESingletary

One workflow I've used a lot is to re-engage somone who has opened an email and spent some time on it but did not click the CTA. 

0 Upvotes
Jroshan

yeaaaa

0 Upvotes
COcasio
Contributor

We use them to remind contacts of info sessions, webinars and events they have registered for. For example, once registered they are automatically put into a workflow that triggers one or two early reminders of the event, one the day before/of the event, and a follow-up email after the event. The follow-up also targets those who were unable to attend providing them a CTA for future similar events and contact info if they would like to connect with us.

MandyS

We have recently created the cart abandonment workflow for our customers which runs daily. 

RSetia

My all-time workflow is when someone signed up and has not used the product then we will trigger "how-to guide" informational emails to use the product to those users at periodically 2 days, 7 days, and 15 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too like shopping cart reminders. Sometimes I drop something in a shopping cart, get interrupted and leave the site. An email reminder is a great way to help me finish the transaction. Same with events. Often you start registering for an event, don't have all the required information handy so you stop. A email reminder to finish registering is very helpful.

CFaya

Use emails to keep yourself in the eye of the consumer. Let them know you are there and are ready when they are. 

Chaudhary

I will be creating my 1st workflow today.

0 Upvotes
MAdviento
Member | Platinum Partner

To re-connect with customer.

KarenRae
Participant

We send email automation post webinars to remind them to purchase and provide discount codes.

amycwong11
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

create followups for premium content downloads

BBiyela

To increase engagement

0 Upvotes
bsorden
Participant

We use workflows to reengage our customers who entered our quote flow but didn't purchase a policy.