HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Examples of Lead Nurturing Workflows

On a past thread, we discussed some of the ways that workflows can trigger your team internally. You can use them to automate data clean up or to trigger notifications to your sales team.

Now, let’s discuss ways you can use workflows to engage your leads and customers.

For example, one of my all-time favorite ways to use workflows is to re-engage leads that have abandoned their shopping cart.

The concept here is simple: When someone adds an item to their online shopping cart but leaves your site without completing the purchase, you can trigger an email workflow that reminds them of their forgotten purchase and motivates them to Live the transaction by offering a special discount code or some other incentive to buy.

That’s my favorite use workflows! How are you currently using yours? Sound off in the comments below.

514 Replies 514
Qge

I've found lead nurturing workflows particularly effective for segmenting our email subscribers based on their engagement levels. We set up workflows that send targeted content to users who frequently open our emails versus those who are less engaged. This approach allows us to tailor our messaging and offers more effectively, keeping our most engaged subscribers interacting regularly while rekindling interest in less active ones.

0 Upvotes
MBasheerp

Order and Shipping Updates: Keep customers informed about their order status and shipping updates by automating order confirmation, shipping notifications, and delivery confirmations.

0 Upvotes
SFahim0

vorite form examples!746

0 Upvotes
OBunyula

I think another way we can use workflows is to nurture leads who have shown interest in a product but haven't yet requested a demo. We set up an email workflow that sends them helpful resources, success stories, and tips related to our product. This keeps our brand top of mind and encourages them to take the next step in their buyer's journey.

TKrutilek

Here is a workflow that we use for attendees to a webinar: Post-Webinar Thank You Email, Follow-Up Email Campaign, Retargeting Ads, Personalized Outreach, and Long-Term Nurturing Campaign. 

0 Upvotes
STewatia

Lead nurturing workflows are crucial for guiding customers through the sales funnel and building relationships. Examples include the Welcome Series Workflow, which involves sending a personalized welcome email, highlighting top products or services, sharing customer testimonials or case studies, and offering special discounts or promotions to encourage purchases. These workflows help build trust and drive sales. 

0 Upvotes
anhhongpham

Lead nurturing workflows are crucial for businesses because they help build relationships, educate leads, boost conversion rates, and optimize sales efforts. By providing valuable content and personalized interactions, businesses can establish trust, educate leads about their offerings, and guide them through the sales funnel more effectively, resulting in increased revenue and growth.

0 Upvotes
AEspinoza4

Retargeting should be considering as a workflow?

0 Upvotes
NHuynh26

I think workflows are very useful. They can help businesses engage with and convert leads into customers. Personally while I have never used one, I like the Re-Engagement Workflow, which can send a series of targeted emails to re-engage inactive leads or offer incentives or discounts to encourage them to take action (e.g., make a purchase, visit your website).

0 Upvotes
LVu67

A workflow I find incredibly useful is the Post-Purchase Follow-Up. After a customer makes a purchase, this workflow triggers a series of emails designed to enhance the customer experience. The first email might be a thank you message, the next could provide useful tips on how to get the most out of the purchased product, and another might ask for customer feedback or offer related products (cross-sell/upsell opportunities). This not only helps in maintaining engagement but also builds loyalty and encourages repeat business.

0 Upvotes
ALe98

we leverage workflows to nurture leads through personalized email sequences based on their interactions with our website and content.

0 Upvotes
WolfStratt

The use of workflows is practically unlimited. I have used it the most to automate processes within the database, making the departments have less burden and can focus on their tasks. Thinking about it for leads, it can be good to generate reminders or to send notifications/congratulations at specific moments, helping you with the contact information.

0 Upvotes
LT99

I'm not sure if this is quite right but, after a purchase is made... A follow up email is sent to our customer, encouraging further purchase of our products through a discounted coupon, or send emails of clothing items that are similar to what they showed interest in - so that in theory they may become more enticed if they spot something even more to their liking.

0 Upvotes
KSantomauro

We will be reaching out to stalled deals with workflows to help re-engage the pootential customers.

KepheraWesley

I learned a lot from these examples. Thank you

0 Upvotes
RHudman
Participant

I think some automation around reminders to re-engage and upcoming events would be great. As well as maybe updates on new service offerings. 

0 Upvotes
caneja

Lead nurturing workflows are crucial for guiding customers through the sales funnel and building relationships. Examples include the Welcome Series Workflow, which involves sending a personalized welcome email, highlighting top products or services, sharing customer testimonials or case studies, and offering special discounts or promotions to encourage purchases. These workflows help build trust and drive sales. 

0 Upvotes
PRenteria

Examples include customer feedback, eductional content, lead scoring, and event follow ups.

0 Upvotes
Ifeanyi
Participant

This is a great example. Thanks

0 Upvotes
rmalhotra7

Lead nurturing workflows involve various strategies to guide leads through the buyer's journey and build relationships.

Examples include welcome series, educational content, product onboarding, reengagement campaigns, event promotions, lead scoring, abandoned cart recovery, and customer feedback requests. These workflows aim to engage leads at different stages, nurturing them towards conversion and fostering loyalty.

0 Upvotes