HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Profesor inbound
Profesor inbound

Components of an Optimized Email

In order to convert more leads from your email marketing, you have to first get your readers to open your emails, and click through on them. This is why, as email marketers, we’re all but obsessed with our open rates and clickthrough rates -- because increasing those metrics gives us more opportunities to convert our readers into leads.

So how do you optimize your emails to ensure you’re audience is excited to open and interact with your marketing emails? What advice would you give?

For example, one of my favorite ways to optimize an email is through personalization! Show your audience that you understand their problems and that you are there to help them solve them.

In that way, personalization goes beyond addressing the email to the person’s first name. Leverage the demographic and behavioral data you have about your readers by including it in your emails.

You can use their company name, their location, their role at their company, the pages they’ve viewed on your site, items they’ve previously purchased, and so much more. Be creative! Mass marketing isn’t effective anymore. Find ways to show your readers that you’re customizing your message to them.

*To learn more about this, check out the Understanding Email in HubSpot lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

489 Respuestas 489
Lizabandco
Participante

100 percent agree that personalization is key!

NStewart3
Miembro

I do a lot of email marketing and it depends on the clients i am sening emails for but i add emojis, or personalize each email with eciting copy in the title.. get them with the email title.

jennafuhlman
Miembro

Less copy the better! Make it personable so your audience feels wanted.

AVelandia
Miembro

Short, informational, beneficial to the reader. 

TMaggio
Miembro

My advice would be to make it personal and make the user feel wanted.

jkraftlv
Miembro

Personalized.  Contains relevent, timely and compelling content by persona with time-sensitive CTA.

Alessia12
Miembro

Personalization 

MNicholas
Miembro | Partner nivel Platinum
Miembro | Partner nivel Platinum

Optimised emails have the following components: Subject Line,  Sender Name, Personalization, Body Image, Call-to-Action, Social Sharing Links and an Unsubscribe Link.

It's also super important to run A/B tests so that you can evaluate performance and fine-tune any parts of the email that can be improved for the next release. 

DGarvin
Participante

A/B test

The headline

CHilton
Participante

We have definitely given the Subject the highest value - simple straight to the point. We also research our contacts and personalize the intro with their name and dominant characteristics.  

We need to incorporate more CTA  

DDot
Participante

We've started sending emails that resemble "plain text" as we've found them to be perceived as less "formal" and seem like they're coming from a person.  More likely to be opened and read vs html emails with graphics.

AndersU
Colaborador

Do you do this for all emauls or do you segregate by Marketing and Sales? Our sales emails are "plain text" and our marketing emails are branded.

FTijerina
Miembro

Talk to them like you REALLY know them - their personality, needs, goals, and traits. Personalize each message to sound like they are the only person in the room and you care. This is possibly the hardest and most tedious side of marketing. 

CAngeletti
Miembro

A/B test

The headline

JCadeus
Miembro

The headline and first paragraph are key components of the optimization

HBignell
Miembro

An effective and captivating subject line. 

cschlist
Colaborador

An effective subject line is paramount, but also being succinct. The inbox is visually cluttered so get to the point of the email body ... and stay true to it or you will rapidly lose credibility.

RShultz
Miembro

A good subject line is key. No one wants Spam.

APetitprez
Colaborador

Hello everyone here are my tips to create good emails : 

Be clear and brief --> go straight to the point to catch the eyes of your leads ; everyday we receive a lot of emails and to make sure your leads will read your email ; use brief and relevant content 😎

Follow the AIDA method to create your design ; it's magical ✔️

Personalize your email to humanize your relationships with your contacts

Make your CTA attractive ; my tips is putting an animate image or a GIF on top of the CTA button ; it works my clic rate has increased since I use it. 

mdcruz
Miembro | Partner nivel Elite
Miembro | Partner nivel Elite

Use HubSpot built-in Drag and drop email templates and I think personalization token, subject, content etc...

AndersU
Colaborador

Peronalization - yes! And good subject lines that are not TOO enticing as to feel like spam. I've found that slightly more mundane subject lines work better for our B2B emails. I like a subject line that's relevant to both our service/product offer and to the prospect and vertical. For example, if the prospect is a mouse-trap, the subject line might be "Mousetrap Sales Report" and in the email I would talk about how we have helped mousetrap companies increase their sales. It feels a bit like an internal email, but isn't dishonest.