HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Academy-Professor/in
Academy-Professor/in

CTA Copywriting Tips

As a marketer, CTAs are relevant because they encourage your audience to take action on a marketing campaign.

Below are a few examples of the types of CTAs you might use in marketing materials:

• Try for free. Nearly every company website has a free trial offer today. Each of them are CTAs of this variety, and they allow people to demo a product before deciding if it's worth the cost to them.
  • Learn more. Sometimes, all you want is to give your potential customers a little more information so they're prepared to buy something. That's what this CTA is for.
  • Join us. Do you manage an online community? Is your product built on collaboration between users? You might find yourself placing "join us" CTA somewhere on your website.

What are your favorite phrases to use when pointing to different products or content offers?

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating Calls-to-Action in HubSpot lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

529 Antworten
SNagirnak
Teilnehmer/-in

CTA Copywriting Tips

CTA Copywriting Tips

Free trial

0 Upvotes
dan_step
Mitglied

CTA Copywriting Tips

Get for free

0 Upvotes
MDeMarcos
Mitglied

CTA Copywriting Tips

Try Now

0 Upvotes
JRiedeman
Mitglied

CTA Copywriting Tips

free trials

0 Upvotes
FBOUNHIR
Mitglied

CTA Copywriting Tips

Here are some CTA copywriting tips to help you create more effective calls to action:

1. Be clear and concise: Your CTA should be clear and easy to understand. Use simple language and avoid jargon or technical terms that your audience may not understand.

2. Use action-oriented language: Your CTA should use action-oriented language that encourages your audience to take action. Use verbs like "register," "download," "subscribe," or "buy" to prompt your audience to take the next step.

3. Create a sense of urgency: Adding a sense of urgency to your CTA can help to encourage your audience to take action right away. Use phrases like "limited time offer," "don't miss out," or "act now" to create a sense of urgency.

4. Highlight the benefits: Your CTA should clearly communicate the benefits of taking action. Explain why your audience should click your button or follow your link and what they will gain from doing so.

5. Make it visually appealing: Your CTA should stand out visually on your website or landing page. Use contrasting colors, bold text, or an eye-catching design to make your CTA more noticeable and increase its click-through rate.

6. Test and refine: Test different CTAs and refine your copy to improve its effectiveness. Use A/B testing to compare different versions of your CTA and see which one generates the most clicks or conversions.

simonang2022
Mitglied

CTA Copywriting Tips

Free trial

0 Upvotes
OLIVINGSTONE
Teilnehmer/-in

CTA Copywriting Tips

Free Trial

Try Now

Claim Gift

0 Upvotes
destinymayo
Mitglied

CTA Copywriting Tips

Creating a personal experience is always a nice touch. 

1. Check this out

2. Gimme

3. Claim offer

4. Try now

5. Get your free ___

KLiz
Teilnehmer/-in

CTA Copywriting Tips

- Join now

- Try

- Submit

smithcandicerae
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

CTA Copywriting Tips

So much of copywriting, including CTAs, is subject to your company's (and industry, sometimes) voice or tone. Personally though, I'm a fan of more conversational language as it feels more personal. CTAs that get my attenion are phrases like: "Save My Seat!", "**bleep**, yes!", "Gimme", "It's Mine Now", etc.

SAmanollahi
Mitglied

CTA Copywriting Tips

1. "Discover [Product/Service Name]"
  2. "Check out [Product/Service Name]"
  3. "Learn more about [Product/Service Name]"
  4. "Explore [Product/Service Name]"
  5. "Get [Product/Service Name] Now"
  6. "Download [Product/Service Name]"
  7. "Try [Product/Service Name] Today"
  8. "Access [Product/Service Name]"
  9. "See [Product/Service Name] in Action"
  10. "Get Your Free [Product/Service Name]"

It's important to use clear and concise language that accurately represents the product or service being offered to help users understand what they're clicking on and what they can expect to find. Additionally, including specific calls-to-action like "get now" or "download" can help motivate users to take action.

HBulutSajed
Teilnehmer/-in

CTA Copywriting Tips

Three word max four to call an action start with verb of course. 

SAmanollahi
Mitglied

CTA Copywriting Tips

1. Check out this...
  2. Take a look at...
  3. Discover...
  4. Learn more about...
  5. Get your hands on...
  6. Explore...
  7. Find out more...
  8. Access...
  9. Try out...
  10. Download...
whitneyobrien
Teilnehmer/-in

CTA Copywriting Tips

Start with a verb.

AndersonC
Mitglied

CTA Copywriting Tips

Sometimes talking in first person could works, "I want it" for example

EmskiOnHubSpot
Teilnehmer/-in

CTA Copywriting Tips

I think it depends on your brand/ToV as to how conversational you should be - have a read, have a look, why not join us? Fancy a chat? See how it works, etc

Jeannairene68
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

CTA Copywriting Tips

I haven't found a CTA that resonates with me yet. I like the suggestion about using the word "claim" instead of "get" or "download". I will be using that and changing some of my CTAs very soon. 

SJordan56
Teilnehmer/-in

CTA Copywriting Tips

Personally, I love "Check it out!" This CTA is very versatile and seems a bit more conversational than "Learn more," which I admittedly do use a lot as well.

EWilson38
Mitglied

CTA Copywriting Tips

Using verbs that are straightforward and tells readers exactly what they can expect on the other side of the link:

• See all buying options
  • Try codebase for free
  • Create an event
  • Read the case study
  • Register now for a discount
AHassan24
Mitglied

CTA Copywriting Tips

use free tools first 

0 Upvotes
TBlunt
Mitglied