HubSpot Ideas

BWaghorne

workflows, sms automation - does it work

Greetings, 

New to the community, but coming in hot.

Has anyone else had a "real life" multi-step workflow, work for them utilizing SMS/text messaging?

I've explored Zhipwhip, Kixie. and SMS Zap.

I'm "attempting" to implement a workflow with 3 custom enrollment triggers: service rendered, service date, customer type.

Action - send smszap text

if/then branch based on response = assign a task or send follow up text

Workflow goal: SMS response/ outcome

This seems fairly basic, I've researched online extensively. The online resources are barely surface level and I am starting to see why. 

I am unable to execute the above workflow - which consists of basic functions - with which Hubspot and their integration partners market as being able to execute.

I've spoken w several impressive Hubspot employees - and I keep getting promised to be escalated to the "Customer Success Team." I am starting to think the customer success team does not exist.

Any guidance is much appreciated. 

Feel free to reach out with questions. I am well versed in the aforementioned sms/workflow integrations - well versed in what thus far, does not work per the marketing material provided by the HubSpot integration partner ecosystem via the app marketplace.

Cheers,

Brandon

2 Replies
tracycurve

Hi Brandon - I'm looking to do something similar. We are launching a customer advocacy/loyalty program, and we are looking to implement two-way texting into that workflow. Have you found any vendor add-ons that offer two-way texting that you were impressed with? Would love to know if you've figured out your solution as well - happy to talk through it and brainstorm if you'd like. I'm no expert, but I have been using Huspot for the past year and am somewhat savvy in general with processes.

Best Regards,

Tracy

Hannah-A

Hey @BWaghorne,

That's a good idea there. I see that you are implementing a workflow for your SMS campaign. I think this requires a contact manager for it to work out. Have you tried Aloware?

We have a free trial so might want to check it out.

Hannah