HubSpot Ideas

seliav

show internal email title in contact timeline

On a contact's timeline, Marketing Email activity is shown with the subject line of the email. I can identify an email much more easily from it's internal title than from the subject line, especially since we sometimes reuse subject lines for different emails. Also, in a workflow, the action is shown with the internal name of the email. This makes it incredibly inefficient to map a user's email activity to a workflow. It would be awesome if in a contact's timeline their marketing email activity could be shown based on the internal name, or at least if we had the option.

6 Replies
jessedaniel
Participant

Yess!!!! Even for our sales teams, they can't quickly identify marketing email subject lines, but internal namin conventions are easy for everyone to understand

opendorz
Contributor

Absoutely!  I have several workflow emails with the same subject line which makes it even more confusing.  

Kierenjwab

Yes this would be very useful. We too use some subject lines repeatedly (or close variants) so the internal email name would clear this up, especially if campaigns are similar!

Shane_Janssens
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @seliav ,

Thank you for the feedback. This is very valuable inssight. While it is not planned we will review with team. For transparency sake as it is not planned for next quarter, i will leave it as so for now and update this thread when we have more to share.

Best,

Shane

KeanuActinutri

Hi, 

Upvoting this idea as our automated marketing emails are great indicators for where a customer is in their journey with us (we sell online classes). Customer service takes at least twice as long because our team can't get a good grasp of what class/level a contact is at just by the subject lines of the emails we see on their contact record. 

Please consider doing this sooner! 

Thanks

DAnaGuiloff
Top Contributor | Partner

@Shane_Janssens Bumping this idea from about a year ago since I know it wasn't on the plan then, but hoping it might be in the near future.

The timeline view is supposed to be a quick snapshot for us users...so being able to see the internal names would just make our lives easier. 🙂

Generally I just click into the subject line link in the timeline but lately a client of mine has been doing quite a bit of testing subject lines so I end up with several tabs open for multiple contact's timelines and email performance summaries and THEN I have to remember which one I opened for which contact, and I am realizing how much EXTRA time (with marketing tasks) it is taking me when I could just see the internal email name and know exactly what segment they were part of for that particular email based on naming conventions. YES, I could go in through the email recipients tab, but then that is going group > individiual and in this instance I am specifically starting with looking at the contact's timeline for activity history.

Also, at a quick glance it would help with sales tasks: sales rep is reviewing timeline before calling/meeting with contact. Knowing what version of an email they have been seeing can give them insight to speak with the prospect in a meaningful way. ("OH, they got the email that was the one with the bonus offering, let me ask them how useful they found it.")

Not to mention, service reps who are following up with customer experience items could see these items as well.

Almost all of the other timeline activities utilize the internal name for the item (workflows, list memberships...), so it wouldn't be totally out of place, especially for INTERNAL users. The only other one like emails is Page views and it would also be a great to have a "display internal name" option on the contact's timeline too (for exactly the same reasons).

The media play timeline action is a great example of how it could include internal/external info ("Contact Name played Internal Name Video on External Name Page"). This sounds like a display option that would be simple enough solution to show the internal title column index + the subject line, no?