HubSpot Ideas

set documents owner

Use case: marketing updates & loads documents, but sales should be displayed as the owner

Request: make the owner of the files in Documents a dropdown selection that can be updated and centrally managed

15件のコメント
AnnaDuin
メンバー

This would be incredibly helpful! I upload a lot of docs for sales team and use the links in crafting copy for them but want them to be notified of document views. 

BrianGunner
メンバー

This is a must as if the Orginal Document Owner Leaves the organisation the only way to fix the problem removes the uploading of all the documents again

AGardner
参加者

I hope this is updated soon, this would do wonders for being able to properly track and share documents!

Hagland
参加者

Of course it must be possible to change owner of a document.

Examples: A person leaves the company, a 'secretary' does a mass import of documents on behaf of the organization.

robertriversoz
投稿者 | Platinum Partner

Has anyone found a hack for this?

Besides uploading the documents once again.

Thanks!

amoa
参加者

Completely agree.  In my view, Sales Documents is the single biggest weakness of Hubspot.  And the issues should all be easy to fix, including the issue I reported here over 2 years ago.  The tracking of Sales Documents is working.  The problems are:

1. Only Document Owner received alerts (email and feed) of any engagement with the Sales Document.  But rarely is the Document Owner also the Sales Rep.  Hence good point you make in this ticket.  But I think the issue is beyond changing the document owner.  The real issue is that the Contact Owner, should be alerted when the target clicks on a Sales Document. So if you have 250 sales reps utilising your latest brochure, the only route forward (as advice by Hubspot) is to upload the same brochure 250 times.
  2. There is currently no way of re-assigning a Sales Document to a new owner.  So if the person that uploaded e.g Whitepaper X leaves your company, the only solution is to re-upload the same whitepaper.
  3. It is not possible to use clicks on a Sales Document as a trigger e.g. for enrolling a contact, or a workflow e.g. to trigger an automated follow-up task.  This makes no sense as described here.
KMcCall
メンバー

PLEASE add a feature to be able to change the owner of a Document. We don't want to have to upload all the documents again!!!!!

KSperidakos5
メンバー

This is absolutely necessary. The tool setup doesn't reflect how most teams work in practicality. Changing the owner of a sales doc is so needed. PLease please build this out soon! or at least allow better tracking in the marketing files tool so we can send documents that way? 

Lorraejo
メンバー

Likewise! This is causing an issue where clients sent a document from a previous team member, see it as associated with that team member, and are attempting to schedule sales calls / meetings with a team member no longer with the company. While it's possible to upload a new document, this doesn't help folks who were already in the pipeline from a prior team member.

CFitzgerald
参加者 | Gold Partner

Please implement this feature, my marketing teams don't want their names prompted on every document viewed.

ogosdeck
メンバー

Upvoting! Would be great to have the option to change, or even turn off, document owners.

lellis
参加者

ughhh, all our documents were uploaded by an employee who is no longer here, and where we have deactivated that employee in Hubspot and our email system.

So the best I can do is reactivate their email address in email and wade through all the spam they get to see if they get anything.

Assigning documents to a Person vs. a ROLE Address (like sales@) is not a feature but a bug in Hubspot.

AJames
メンバー

Bumping this! We need to update over a thousand sales docs from one owner to another.

AJames
メンバー

Bumping this again! We have a lot of document owners that are no longer with the organization and the picture, name, and email address associated with the document is out of date!

メンバー

Hello everyone,

Maybe I am missing a nuance here but I was just running into a similar problem as described in this thread. It appears that now the document uploader is irrelevant, the document gets tied to the person who creates the shareable link. Therefore several "owners" can route people back to the same document through link creation. Hope this helps.