HubSpot Ideas

caro_lovin_it

select which deal(s) values show, when tokens used in sequences / mktg emails

Desire is: select which deal(s) values are shown, when a contact is associated with multiple deals. 

The current situation is:

When contacts are enrolled into sequences that use deal tokens, when the contacts are associated to multiple deals, (as verified by hubspot support:) only the information from the most recently created deal will be included when using a deal token. The token does not take into account any factors such as close date, deal stage, or whether the deal is open or closed.

Also from Hubspot Support: To test this, I created two deals for one of my contacts, then enrolled them into a sequence. The email they received contained the information from the more recently created deal associated to that contact, but did not contain any information from the "older" deal (even when I included two tokens for "Deal Name"- they both showed the name of the more recent deal). I then created a third deal for that contact, and enrolled them into the sequence again. This time, the third, "newest" deal was the one included in the token values.

8件のコメント
Smorley
メンバー

This is something I am struggling with at the moment too.  I would also like to have the option of being able to specify which deal I would like included in my personalisation tokens.  We quite often have multiple deals against one individual.

Richardmayo
メンバー

definately would be good, we are finding it hard to understand why this is not a standard feature as without it using templates is very difficult

MRF-Furnaces
参加者

It would be nice to be able to select the deal that goes into a sequence. We have customers that may have multiple deals going at once. But the sequence token only allows you to attach the most recent deal to the sequence. 

SleepyBoBos
参加者

I feel this is actually a bug and not sure why it isn't addressed as priority, especially when a Contact can have MANY Deals.

KudosMedia
メンバー | Platinum Partner

Facing this same issue on the BETA Quotes Personalisation Tokens when pulling in any value for which there are multiple options. 

RHewitt
参加者

Similar issue for me. I want to be able to select the deal that is mentioned and provide detail. Also, I need to be able to email multiple contacts about a given deal.

JessieS
HubSpot Employee

+1 for a customer who is using personalization tokens in Sequences. It's pulling in the most recently created deal's property values for the tokens, but there are some scenarios where he wants to choose an older associated deal in the sequence email. 

As a workaround, when you enroll contacts in a deal, you can preview the emails that will go out to them and edit directly on those. But in cases of bulk enrollment, this would mean reviewing the emails for up to 50 contacts at a time before sending.

Otherwise, the customer is removing the association to the deal before enrolling the contact in the sequence and then re-adding it, which has not been ideal. 

JHurt
メンバー

This is currently becoming and issue for my company as well and because of this we may have to go back to not using the feature at all because we can't use them effectively if they are going to send out confussing messaging when we are trying to follow up on an older open deals and the squence is asking about a new deal that has already closed or a different sales reps deal about a complete different product.