HubSpot Ideas

christa

secondary email and smart lists

Our sales team will often have contacts that use different emails depending on which one of our products they use and how they engage with us via webinars, emails and offline event attendee tracking.

Due to this, secondary emails are important to be recognized when building out lists with the 'Email contains' filter. This allows us to create targeted lists to use for marketing emails, automation, reporting, etc. It is frustrating when a list does not reconcile the count as expected because an email is secondary and therefore not being pulled into the list.

It seems like an obvious miss and should be addressed.

2 Replies
tg52
Participant

I have a similar problem.

If contacts are opted-in to an email subscription with their secondary email address, there is currently no way of filtering for these in lists - even though that specific contact is in fact opted in.

Ideal functionality: list filter could pick up on secondary email subscription, and ensure that when I come to send an email using this list, it is sent to the correct address. 

Thanks!

amsteiner
Participant

+1! As OP mentioned, some contacts use different emails to sign up for this webinar or that event, and not everything integrates directly with HubSpot. I know I'm not the only one who regularly has to import contact info back into HubSpot.

In the CRM of course we want to merge those different contacts so that they receive HubSpot email at just one address.

But, when creating lists based on "email contains," it is my expectation as a user that the logic would recognize that Email B is the secondary email of Contact X and pull them into the list even if Email A is their primary email. This is actually a pretty big hassle for us, especially as we are in the process of migrating an ancient database into HubSpot. 

Maybe HubSpot could create primary/secondary email contact properties, and users can decide whether we want to those rules to apply; e.g. by creating a list with "Primary email contains" OR "Secondary email contains".