HubSpot Ideas

Zeppelin

"create a follow up task" customize the task title

When an activity is logged and the option is presented to "create a follow up task" i would like to be able to edit the title of this task during this step, one is only allowed to chose in how many days the task will be created. I do not find the current subject "Follow up with Bob" very useful. It creates several extra clicks which I have to remember to do in order to change the title after the task has been created.

25 Replies
brittanyCP1
Contributor

Good morning,

It would be extremely helpful to have the [Follow-Up Task] to be based on the activity logged! For example, if I logged activity for a first outreach, I want my follow-up task to be:
Follow-Up From First Outreach.

Or, if I'm following up from a demo, I want my Follow-Up task to be:

Follow-Up from Demo 

Basically, whatever activity I'm logging, I want the follow-up task to include the activity name in the follow-up. 

It would be extremely helpful to filter tasks based on follow-up and to organize by priority.

Here is a video explaining:
https://www.screencast.com/t/XoyLgrn9t1h

Thank you for your consideration!

amandacp

Yes please! This would make life so much easier!

MJKraft

I agree!  The only place in Hubspot that we can't title our tasks is the "Create a follow-up task" option when sending an email.  If we were able to title this task it would allow us to know what is required at a glance...especially when the task is a month or more in the future.  

jmasonsolar

I agree, please implement this feature!  I only reference the Title section when performing a Task, so if I can quickly customize the Title section in the pop-up box that appears when I close out a task, I can create my follow-up tasks much faster.  As of now, I have to go back and open the Task that's automatically created and overwrite the generic "Follow up with XXXX" Title that's created.

PawelSales

Yap, that would be awesome! 

Voluum1

+1
That would save time in one of most frequent activities I do in Hubspot

NataliaSales

That would be so cool! +1 

HM1

That would be very useful and save a lot of time!

RThomas

Ditto to what is said above.  Follow up with Jim Smth doesn't tell me a thing about what I'm supposed to follow-up about.  Until recently, the new, poorly named task would jumpt to the to of my tasks, so I  could click on it an edit it.  Now, it simply disappears.  I've got to reach for the contract and then edit the task.  It's nearly unless and takes way to long to be useful.

NDeGreef

+1

DaveStone

being able to edit the name/title of the "follow up" would be huge.  we should be able to  update in the same manner as you do when you create tasks from the deals/contacts  main page.

DaveStone_0-1668762586655.png

Titouan_FouJou
Participant

Personally I would have liked to simply keep the name of the first task.

CWalther

In addition I would love to have a short cut to the original task here. I.e. the follow-up task from a telephone call does include the date and time information from the call but there is no direct link to the content of the original note.

JBaldry

+1 for us too. Tasks is unusable for us without this.

We either want the follow-up task to carry over the original task name which for us was specific based on a workflow we created. Or we would want the ability to create a new naming convention based on actions taken during the task log. A very minimum is the ability to enter something manually.

PropelledBrands
Participant

+1 - Doesn't seem like a big ask. 

JWronski
Top Contributor

+1,000 for us!!!  Slows me down having to create the task then go back in and have to edit it.

DArts

jup fix this pleaseee

jspbx

Create a Follow Up Task default settings are needed! The checkbox should be ticked always, this should not be done manually - as it can be forgotten. thanks for looking into this!

JBaldry

I think HubSpot ignore these but +1 again

DKoppens

I too would find it extremely helpful if Hubspot created this!!!