HubSpot Ideas

iwontpostanythi

A Never Track list, like Never Log

I am sending emails to contacts in my CRM, and I am also keeping in cc some colleagues of mine, who need to be part of the thread. I am interested in tracking whether the external contact of mine has opened the email, but the tracking pixel notifies me whenever anyone opens the email, including my own colleagues. 

I would like to add my own domain to a "Never Track" list, so that the Open Count on the email actually refers to relevant opens of this email. 

17件のコメント
CBN
トップ投稿者

Basically the filtering should be possible on doman and not IP address in general.

This would help us in other areas as well.

JenniferErena
投稿者

I would like to have  "Never Track" ability to filter out our busniess email domain.  We set it to Never Log, but we still are inundated with notifiations on tracking which  overwhelms the meaningful tracking of prospects.  

BCovert
メンバー

It would be a great idea to have a 'Never Track' list!   Most all of the ones in my 'Never Log' list would definitely be on the 'Never Track' list!

Massimiliano
メンバー

Agree with comments above, having a domain-based 'Never Track' function would make it much more meaningful and insightful to use! Any development in that direction?

TGaunt
メンバー

My activity log gets clogged up with opens from internal people.  it would be very helpful to have the ability to remove a domain name from tracking emails as you do for logging them

CGudenkauf
メンバー

How is this still an idea?  I have to open the last email in order to send a follow-up so why would the system be designed to say that the recipient opened the email?

MaximeCorbel
メンバー

Hello !

I use the HubSpot extension on Gmail, I'm happy to track my emails and to know when someone outside my company is on it but for confidentiality reasons I don't want to track employees from my company. I don't want to know when people from my company are on my emails.

I discussed with @iman from the support team, I learned it's not possible to distinguish external email addresses from internal ones. 

Devs guys, can you do that ? 🙂

Thanks

Regards, 

Maxime

AHallman
メンバー

I agree, we need this as well. 

JDong
メンバー

upvote!

LWynder
参加者

Yes please. We would use this 100%.

EKehler
参加者

I think this is a great feature that is very much needed

Paul_B
メンバー

Attempting to bump this up.  New to HubSpot and now realizing that the only real way to prevent coworkers from tracking as counts for email tracking is to add their IP address to their personalized 'blocked IP addresses' list.  That's great for one PC where an IP doesn't change, but IPs do change, people have phones, multiple machines, etc.  And then you have to get everyone to actually do it (correctly).  It should be easy to just prevent a domain from acting as a Count.

CBN
トップ投稿者

Thanks for your voice here @Paul_B 👍

Much appreciated, but just a piece of advice ... "Don't hold your breath". We pay dearly for a platform that doesn't manage to listen to the customers with reasonable requests like this one. 

Paul_B
メンバー

Little disheartening that this was first suggested in 2020...

CGudenkauf
メンバー

yes, I'm still waiting.  🙂

JenniferErena
投稿者

I first posted 2 years ago and have since found another impact to the currrent way we have to block IPs to have false open rates - if your IP is blocked, you cannot test workflows!!!  I had this problem recently and asked support to bring this to the ideas peoples attention. 

Also, most of our sales staff have dynamic IPs, not static, so it's a useless attempt most of the time. 

@hubspot can you help?

CBN
トップ投稿者

Good point @JenniferErena - that's also pulling the wrong way when you cannot test.

We are still waiting @hubspot