HubSpot Ideas

mdunham

"Locking" a Closed Deal

Hi! We'd LOVE the functionality to be able to "lock" closed-won and closed-lost deals that have expired (we have 12-month subscriptions). Our team is growing fast and people are transfering territories and clients, however we do not want to transfer old deals to new team members.

For example, recently a new team member transfered old closed deals to her because she assumed she should own them since they are in her territory now. However, that messed up our yearly reporting.

We'd love to have the ability to lock all deals that have expired (for instance, as soon as the 12-month subscription is over, we'd like to "lock" or "archive" the deal so no one can make edits anymore).

21件のコメント
Joacimbr
参加者

I actually cant belive this isnt standard. All information on done deals should be locked after a few days or so. When a deal is closed, its closed. Otherwise reports have no meaning if you can change everything on a later point. 

Is there any other threads or information about this?

JCSalesOps
参加者

This is an extremely urgent request!  I am really surprised this is not in place already. The impact of allowing a record to change after the deal is closed has serious ramifications. Now I need to create alerts so I catch when this happens. Our reports are used for commission and revenue analysis along with several other things. If that data is not protected it is a HUGE problem. I just noticed this issue was raised in November. I seriously hope this can be addressed. Perhaps a "lock" field that only the ADMIN can access?

Vlasta
メンバー

Please make this available as soon as possible, this is a crucial missing link in the system.

AFreemerman
参加者

Really critical for commision and revenuew recognition reports. Please implement  ASAP. 

Shiran
参加者 | Diamond Partner

We have been asked by clients for this feature many times and it should be an option. Salespeople do have a tendency to go back and change things in deals which have already been closed. While the current permission settings are nice, the challenge is that if they have access to edit deals there no way to limit that access further. I think this is a feature HubSpot really needs. 

Cbshipley
メンバー

+1 to everything said so far

ELaw
参加者

Does anyone know of any updates to this feature request? HubSpots inability to lock a deal after it has been closed is causing a lot of inconsistencies in my reports. It is very troubling.

BMilaszkiewicz
投稿者

I am surprised this is not in place already. The impact of allowing a user to change a record after a deal is closed has a number of ramifications. Looks like I wiull I need to create another report or alerts so I catch when this happens. Our reports are used for commission and revenue analysis along with several other things. If that data is not protected it is a problem.  I  hope this can be addressed - I kolw the lock field is ONLY available on enterprise licenses) Can a "lock" field that only the ADMIN can access b e made available on all plans instead??

GKell
投稿者

Hubspot's solution is and will always be "create a workflow" to notify and change behavior, not eliminate the possibility of the behavior from occuring. 

BMilaszkiewicz
投稿者

Understand re the idea of creating a workflow to alert, but I fel like this defeats the object of solving the issue, as a notification or alert still needs to be acted upon, whereas solving the issue eliminates the need for extra work.

I'd like to know if Hubspot plans to address this at all?

Kristiina
メンバー

We are also in need of this, and as others are saying, the notification is only a workaround. With many sales reps this creates a lot of work to follow up on why something was changed. The functionality would be perfect to administrate in the deal pipeline settings, so each org can add any properties as locked in specific stages (just like you can make them mandatory). And ofcourse, the administrator should be able to edit it anyhow.

TashaDalBianco
投稿者 | Platinum Partner

We too would LOVE to see this feature. 

In our use case, my client wants deals 'locked' after closed-won - to mitigate reps going back in and making changes to the deal which skews data. So we have recommended a workflow workaround at the moment (enterprise account) where we enroll the deal when it enters closed won/lost and from that date, if any updates are made to certain deal properties we notify the manager. Using the Last modified date field. 

Not the perfect solution but hopefully a temporary fix. 

ABischoff
参加者 | Platinum Partner

Yes, I have seceral clients who have asked this.

SLangenbahn
投稿者

Same to our use Case. We urgently need this feature to prevent reps going back in and making changes to the deal which skews data. This is key for our sales controlling process. 

BenWholley
参加者

We could really do with the ability to do this, it's causing issues with our historical reporting. 

ステータスに更新: Delivered
JeannieN
HubSpot製品開発チーム

👋 Hello Community members,

I'm happy to share that we've delivered on this idea. A super admin can limit editing access to specific pipeline stages, making all records in a "locked" stage read-only for all other users. See this Knowledge Base article for more details.

As always, thank you all for sharing your thoughts and insights with us, and helping us enhance the product experience for all.

Best,
Jeannie 

ABeian
参加者

@JeannieN, thank you for the update! I jumped straight into it to test it out and it works fine. A great first step!

However, it would be great if this feature was more flexible.

Instead of the options being "everyone or super admins", we could use a granular level like the proprties edit right has.

To be able to give edit access to a whole team or individual users!

Or better still, integrate the Deal Stage edit access into the User settings. So we can have an option to set each user's level of access. 

Then we could also pre-bundle the Deal Stage access with some pre-set permission sets.

I realize this might be worth a different thread, but since it is fresh I hoped it can be implemented faster from here, rather than waiting another 2+ years.

Thanks!

JeannieN
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hi @ABeian, thanks for sharing this feedback. Yes, we do intend to explore offering more granularity on this feature. 

I appreciate the context you shared, and will consider it as we explore the next iteration. Thank you! 

SLangenbahn
投稿者

Hallo @JeannieN

as already reported in individual emailcommunication with you earlier, I absolutely agree with @ABeian. As of now, we have to give the whole controlling team super admin access, which is not really a good way to handle things....

Instead of the options being "everyone or super admins", we need to be able to give edit access to a whole team or individual users!

Thank you

Sybille

Vedma
メンバー

In addition to this, when the deal is closed for any of the reason, is there some kind of closing system for the deal so that it wouldn't log in any more irrelevant emails/ call logs from others?  Some closed deals still receive email logins when there is no need.

Thank you!