HubSpot Ideas

ProGrahamer

"Folders" feature for Website Pages

There are two options for creating web pages - web pages and landing pages.

If you create a landing page, you can sort the mess with a folders option. If you create a "website page" there is no folder structure button    

: (

I'd so loooooove to have that (for website pages).

For reference:

folder_feature_please.png

21 Replies
positivapatrik
Participant

That is critical and a must for us to use it.

AlexChapman

I think this is a great idea too

hw_hubspot

It's unfortunate this isn't a feature yet. It sure would be helpful to structure and organize our web pags beyond a flat list.

GenoFAB
Participant

I am really surprised this is not already a feature. When you have 100s of pages, it becomes quickly unmanageable without a folder structure. For example, if you have 20 open positions on 20 different pages, it would make a whole lot of sense to put them into a folder called jobs. Then you would have greatco.com/jobs/CMO/, greatco.com/jobs/user-engagement-manager/ pages. It would be good for SEO. 

thewagneragency
Contributor

Only 30 upvotes? I know others want this too. Where are they? lol

EC3

We need this feature asap. Critical to organizing our website which has a lot of pages. Any updates on this? 

BArnesen
Participant

Any modern website CMS has a tree view for web pages on the backend. How is this not a thing with HubSpot?

TParay
Participant

There is a tree now, thank you HubSpot!!  I still agree with the original post about a folder. I am archiving some pages now to keep the space tidy and a folder would make it much more organized.

KStewartRD

This would be incredibly helpful.

_BF_
Participant

Yes, I definitely also wanted folder structures so I could do something like;

mycompany.com/solutions/page - not for visual simplicity - but also because as we keep building out our pages - we're seeing more "solution-x-y-z" then "solution-a-b-c" etc - should definitely be a better way to manage this in the backend. 

SRossing
Participant

GREAT idea....definitely need this.

BHorn5
Participant

How is this not already a feature?

zakflix

+1 to this idea.

Another thought is that it could just automatically create the folders based on the page url structure. so if your url structure is like /about/careers/junior-web-developer. It could just break things up into an about folder and a careers subfolder inside of it.

greghart
Participant

Does anyone know if this is on the roadmap?

MWilliams3
Contributor

It seems a little bit lazy not to have this simple functionality? 

dansmith1973
Participant

Please add folders to the roadmap, organization is a nightmare without this.

ANacho

Very much agree this should be a feature.

Currently managing a website with multple domains in one HubSpot account, and it gets confusing to sort through different website pages even if we're using a naming convention to organize content.

RBradbury5

I can't believe this is still not a thing! Even with just 20 pages, our site is still a pain to understand and organize visually. (Factor in drafts/subfolders/subpages etc) Is there really no ETA to put in even a basic visual organiser tree? the current folder option is ~useless

JMenon5

I agree to all the inputs here, even I would love to have a folder option to have all the related pages of a website, for more organized effort. 

However, I did tweak a bit, we have the 'View' option in website pages (built by me, built by someone else, recent etc) where we could create a new view. Name the project name and make it viewable for you or your entire team. Then we could filter the results by 'name' and add the keyword (name of the pages in which a name commonly appears like ABC - subpage-.... When I filtered, now I could see all the related pages in a view - think its workaround till Hubspot adds the feature (folder). Hope this is helpful!

ChargeHubDesign

Yes please Hubspot! We need this so badly, it seems like a no-brainer functionality, and it's a huge opportunity missed at this time.

Please add this ASAP, my team really needs this for Hubspot to be an ideal solution for us long-term.
Thanks!