HubSpot Ideas

mtang

"Became a customer date"

I would like to suggest that this "became a customer date" systems property to be made into an editable property. This is because when we import from another system and we would like to back-date our "because a customer date"instead of making it the import date.

35 Replies
stvrk
Participant

Asked HubSpot support earlier today and got directed here to upvote the idea. 

The internal definition of what an MQL is could be updated, meaning that contacts that previously didn't qualify for MQL now are qualified. 

If we want to update these contacts retroactively, that would cause a spike in the data.. which we don't want.  Instead we would like to edit the became a marketing qualified lead to the date when the contact should have become a marketing qualified lead. 

marcher2

Absolutely needs to be editable. Love this idea!

TMusgrove

Looks like this has been open for a few years. Any updates?

CLGiovanni

This seems like a relatively easy fix that can solve a lot of problems. I suggest it be uneditable in the interface but able to be overwritten by upload, as a compromise for the data integrity concerns. Or maybe only editable by admins or something. This treatment should also apply to "Became a..." [Lead, SQL, MQL, etc.].

JStefko

This is a big problem for me as it effects my follow up dates for customers and renewing their equipment...is there a better way to escalate this? I mean seriously what if I just signed up with Hubspot from another CRM and imported all of my old customers, is it now going to change the date? This and other issues are making me want to search for another CRM. 

cjolivieri
Participant

How many upvotes and comments is it going to take for you all to change this?? Going on FOUR years waiting for this to be resolved. Seems pretty ridiculous. 

JStefko

Its taken 4 years and they still have not implemented such a simple request, wow!

RBromsgrove

Also would love to see this. Prevents us viewing our historical data in HubSpot, like everyone else is saying. Really big inconvenience for something that seems like it shouldn't be a big deal.

KristenMarson
Member | Elite Partner

Yes, please! My quarterly reports are inaccurate because I can't edit this field. 

JB491

100% this is definitely needed

ButCanItGoViral
Participant

I wish I could time travel so I could go back to 2017 and warn OP that in 2022 Hubspot still won't have even looked at fixing this feature.

@hubspot  this affects MQL, SQL, and Opportunity datestamps around quarter end as well, not just customer create dates (e.g. are these in Q3 or Q4? What if they get stamped 1 day late and end up being reported in the wrong quarter? Better just look the other way! What's a fewl SQLs/conversion rate points between you and sales and accounting and possibly the New York Stock Exchange anwyays.)

DBarringer

This is still an issue. I made a list of eligible clients I can send marketing emails to using the "Became a Customer Date" field. It seemed great! However, as I scanned through the names one jumped out because I knew I didn't do that job. I went through the activity history and it clearly shows that for about 1 minute the deal was marked as Won until it was correctly marked as Lost. Good grief!  I am doing my best here to not send marketing to ineligible people and I had to make another field to attempt to deal with this and there is no realistic way for me to make my list bullet proof. That client has no jobs with me. Why does that person need to be forever incorrectly marked as my customer because of a brief and errant mistype and why can't I change it? Unless I have a Won job with someone they aren't my customer. Period. This needs to be fixed.

jbradallen

Come on HubSpot. Let's make this happen, please!

MrBean
Top Contributor

We're running into some issues here as well. 

the datetimes/ in general should be able to be imported/overwritten somehow. This is problematic when you inherit bad data and want to clean

April_at_Paubox
Participant

adding my comment here as well - also running into issues as we want to leverage the field, but we've migrated from other systems and are unable to backfill