HubSpot Ideas

samglenn

"Assigned By" in Task Property

It would be nice to be able to see, specifically in the Task "board" view, who a task was assigned by. Was this a task I created for myself? Did a teammate create it for me? Was it auto-created? Did my boss assign it to me? This would also be helpful from a  management perspective to see if a user is utilizing tasks for themselves, replying on teammates to create them for them, and how auto-created tasks are being completed. 

44 Comentarios
OHarriehausen
Miembro

This seems like an oversight by HS in the Task feature and something that's desperately needed. If you leave someone a "Note" it is logged with "Note by {{first + last name}}...you could do so something similar for Tasks. 

CJohnson35
Miembro

Yes, knowing who created (assigned) the task is crucial for tracking and accountability purposes. If anyone knows of a third-party app that handles this please post to this thread.

MdeWit9
Miembro | Partner nivel Diamond

This is essential for many of our customers. Please work on this asap.

joanabutton
Miembro

...I'm looking to do this as I've been asked by multiple people in different depts. I looked everywhere and I can't believe there is no "assigned by", there's an "assigned to" but cannot filter the other way round.

Reshma_Virani
Participante | Partner nivel Diamond

Very very essential feature. Would greatly improve the efficiency of the Task tool if added.

rsparrow
Miembro

+1 this is crazy that this issue has been open for over two years.

AlexanderPMD
Miembro

This really would be very useful.... We keep getting told that more votes on ideas pushes these up to the front of the queue (or "line" as you say in the US). But it's frustrating to see that there's no progress here and no resolution in sight. 

MdeWit9
Miembro | Partner nivel Diamond

Please work on this asap.

Really basic functionality and often requested by our customers.

Thanks

KJones13
Miembro

Great idea! Much needed and would be super helpful.

MStefureak
Participante

It is very important and useful to be able to track who created tasks.

Please add this functionality as soon as possible.

I think this concept can also be extended to other forms of activity, such as tracking who created companies.

AccountKit_Matt
Miembro

Hey @hubspot Just curious how upvotes will it take to implement such an obvious filter 😄 

Asking for a friend!

ShaunMarais
Miembro

TOTALLY agreed - I am in IT for a huge company in South Africa (Seeff), with 100s of staff & NOT being able to sort by who 'created or assigned' the task is crazy! Please sort this ASAP: THANK YOU!

KFortuin
Miembro

I could not agree more, the ability to investigate task allocation is vital to understanding what is delegating to whom and why.  

samglenn
Colaborador líder

@AccountKit_Matt 150 upvotes 😏 Spread the word, we're at 86!

guidokorff
Miembro

Hello, I would appreciate if HubSpot could add a "created by" field in the task detail view!

NM4
Participante

(Workaround) Hi All,

I am pleased to say that this is actually a feature that works. Instead of looking for tasks created by or assigned by, use the filter 'activity created by'. Tasks are activities, and they fall under the same filter. 

Let me know if this doesn't solve your problem!

JStephens
Miembro
That is a good work around for the Task list view but it does not help in
the Activity view of a particular record. If they would add the "created
by" field to the task record itself, that would be sufficient and helpful.
NM4
Participante

For that information in the task 'card' you can just hit actions than history, and you see who created it. I know it's not ideal but gets rid of the mystery of who created the tasks.

And by using the activity 'created by' I have made reports and dashboards so I can see it from a high-level view.

EWitherspoon
Miembro

Agree! I would would use this feature, as I just went looking for that information on a task and could not find it.

ShaunMarais
Miembro

Although you can kinda see this in the Task History - this is IMPERATIVE for large team like ourseleves when we are monitoring Tasks. Please HubSpot developers this would be an easy one to make happen.

Kind Regards
Shaun
Seeff