HubSpot Ideas

samglenn

"Assigned By" in Task Property

It would be nice to be able to see, specifically in the Task "board" view, who a task was assigned by. Was this a task I created for myself? Did a teammate create it for me? Was it auto-created? Did my boss assign it to me? This would also be helpful from a  management perspective to see if a user is utilizing tasks for themselves, replying on teammates to create them for them, and how auto-created tasks are being completed. 

44 Comentários
danielma
HubSpot Employee

Hi, I would like to highlight a feature currently missing that I believe would be beneficial to add. There is currently no way to filter or list tasks by the person who assigned the task. e.g. 'assigned by'.

This can be problematic if looking for tasks assigned by a specific person and have a large number of tasks assigned to you.

sonjaprice
Participante

Agreed!! Please add this feature. Very much needed. 

Bareld
Participante

Great idea. Please add.

victorsurol
Membro

It is a must have feature; I do not understand why Hubspot din't do it yet. We are clueless who assigned task (unless it is associated with an account or contact.) 

shan2
Participante

Yeah, very surprising that this isn't already part of the Task feature. Also seems like it would be a fairly quick win to resolve to just add that property. 

JStephens
Membro

This would be a VERY helpful feature. If I have a question about a task I've been assigned, I have to reach out to my team to find out who assigned it - this wastes time and energy. I am also surprised it is not already a part of the system. 

GRich
Membro

I have to agree. It's very frustrating. I can't believe that Hubspot has not even responded. 

MattZelasko
Participante | Parceiro

We've had a few clients ask for this, would like to see it happen as well. 

HenrikAgergaard
Participante

Yeah, I would also like to support that idea. 🙂 

SDebiasi
Participante

Yes, it would be useful to see which tasks I have created and this solution would solve the issue!

JOpdenCamp
Membro

Why has this been changed anyway? It is less workable and more time consuming to find out who assigned a task to someone. So yes, it would be really useful to see who has created a task.

GBetancourt
Membro

Agree, this should be first priority.

samglenn
Top colaborador(a)

Very disappointing that with the task update, this was deleted from the actualy task as well. Now there's no way to tell who assigned you a task, not just the inconvenience of not having it as a board column. 

kevin_highway9
Participante | Parceiro Elite

Yes, I did not know you could not build a report to show who assigned tasks until I tried (and was not able).  I have a Sales Manager client tha wants to see all the tasks he has assigned to individual reps, and if they are following up or not.

HDimsdale
Membro

I agree - it would be so useful if we could see who has assigned a task. 

crazy8lp
Membro

Great idea.  I assign tasks to my assitant, and they assign their own.  When I go to the report view to see which ones of mine have been completed its a jumbled mess.

AlexanderPMD
Membro

Agreed, being able to monitor (either by report or a view of tasks), by those "Assigned By" as opposed to "Assigned To" would be very helpful, particularly when you manage a larger team !

LSenvar
Membro

Just researched to find this out. Major oversight by HS! Assigned by is super important. Especially with management teams. No way of knowing without it, unless the assignor notes their name in task itself. HubSpot when can this feature be added??

LChatchatrian
Membro

I agree! super important. Please fix this @ HS! 

SKLumley
Membro

In my humble yet undeniably professional opinion this needs to be added, it definitley slows down collaboration.