HubSpot Ideas

khughes

monthly recurring emails

I send certain emails every month to the same group of people. I would love to have the ability within the workflows to be able to send emails every month instead of just annually.

The example that I have is when I sent a request for newsletter information in order to customize their monthly email newsletter that is sent to their patients.

HubSpot Updates
Not Currently Planned
January 14, 2022 07:29 AM

Hi Everyone, Apologies for this feature not being planned right now. We will review as a team and I will update this post when I have more information to share on timing or next steps.

Thank you for your ideas and feedback! I will post here again in the coming weeks with an update.

Best,

Shane

May 12, 2020 09:03 AM

Hi Community

Thank you for your ideas and votes here, we are hoping to review this issue in the future, but this is not planned for development in the next quarter. For transparency and clarity, I am updating this issue to 'Not currently planned' for the time being. I will update here once we have more to share.

Best,

Shane

Not Currently Planned
May 12, 2020 09:01 AM

89 Replies
Jason_M

Agree to all the suggestions here, this functionality would improve accuracy and be a huge time saver.  

christianw
Member | Elite Partner

@Shane_Janssens Any update for 2021? This is a vital and currently missing functionality! 

LorenzoRicci
Participant | Platinum Partner

I need to create a workflow that trigger every month (20th of the month) that send an email to the Deal Owner with all his deal without Associated Company (Or other property-filter)

lindseyc

Yes agreed this is SO important! We need to send out recurring emails quarterly on a specific month every year (March 1, June 1, September 1, December 1)

amccarthy5892
Participant

To expand upon this idea, the need for monthly recurring workflows is extremely important because it affects not only the ability to send monthly emails but also any other steps in a workflow.

We just trying to assign regular check-in emails for our coaches and are having to build out such a complicated process because this is not part of the workflow functionality.

Please reconsider adding this to the development plan of Hubspot. This would help tremendously and tends to be a fairly basic function in other crm systems/automation.

Floflo

Needed!

SamwiseM

Definintely needed!

FHalpin

Another shocking example of basic functionality that is missing from HubSpot. Even more shocking: when it's painfully pointed out by customers, their response is "Not Currently Planned." How can you miss something so basic as "repeat daily, weekly, monthly, etc." and then instead of immediately fixing this low-level embarrassing mistake, you come back with "not planned?" We have had to create and maintain 12-times the number of workflows that should be necessary because of this problem. Please, get your priorities straight and address these simple gaping issues! 

robmcg24
SOOO WELL SAID!!

THANK YOU!
Thomas_Vanguard
Participant | Platinum Partner

Our client sends an internal staff feedback email each week. Our current workaround is a workflow with 20 email actions with 7-day delays and a notification to re-enroll people when they reach the end.

It's a lot more laborious and inelegant than a recurring feature.

tap1on

How has this not yet been added.

Come on team hubspot you can do it!

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team!

Sounding this out for a customer.

Customer would like to send a weekly notification to their team based on "list criteria"

Having a date-centered workflow that recurs annually isn't really a good workaround.

Thank you!

dualr

We really need more flexibility when it comes to workflows and recurring emails.

HPechin

Hi, please add a feature to set up recurring emails to deal owners or others--with the ability to cc or include mulitple recipients--based on deal stage. For example, so you can send a recurring email weekly to deal owners with a list of deals in a particular deal stage or stages or with some other feature.

ADutoit

I need reoccurring email every quarter please. 

FRezende

This would be also great for recurring internal processes. For instance, here at my company, we want to keep only interesting job titles in our base, so we're implementing a 3-month contact revision. Therefore, I'd love to notify who's in charge of it to remember to clean up the base.

NiinaJ
Member | Elite Partner

This would be a much-needed addition! Having a built-in option for sending recurring emails with workflows would save a tremendous amount of time from building workarounds.

LRobertson

I need recurring emails every quarter to send  feature usage reminders to customers. This can be done in Campaign monitor, but I don't want 2 email tools.

rjonesSolaria
Contributor

The scheduling aspect of workflows seems like a big blind spot for huspot. I've had to implement some crazy workarounds for something as simple as assigning contacts based on what day of the week it is. Or like this scheduling a recurring email weekly or monthly or any timeframe seems like a no-brainer but here we all are trying to figure out a workaround to get what we need. It's been 4 years since this was brought to the table and we still need it!

MFall13
Contributor | Platinum Partner

We're using programmable emails to dynamically add new content to a newsletter email on a weekly basis... but the issue is not being able to set up recurring weekly emails for a particular segment of our contacts. Instead, it's a manual send each. We can automate the content, but not the sending of the email which is highly inefficient.