HubSpot Ideas

mgarrett13

lock a property on form

I would like to be able to have the ability to prevent a property from being overwritten.  the settings I feel it should have would be to: prevent user from changing (admin only), form field, workflow.

I am adding a leadsource property to a form.  if they already have a source I do not want that overwritten when the form submits.

I would also like to set it so that our sales team can add the field to a new contact but cannot change it without admin access.

7 Comentários
cpgqr
Membro

We would like to do something similar to this as well. In addition to the contact having a lead source, we also would like contacts to be able to refer others to us (aka give us names and email addresses of friends/colleagues). If a contact refers more than one person, we want to have a new field generated for the second, third, fourth, etc. referral.

KSheppy
Membro

AGREE 100%.  

KeanuActinutri
Membro

This would be great! We really want to be able to manually lock in names for contacts we have an established relationship with; preventing their FB form submissions or Webinar registrations from overwriting the clean name we have recorded.

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team!

Commenting for a customer here.

Currently, we do not have a way of restricting forms from updating properties where contacts have an existing value. As such, I think this idea would be great if we wish to provide a property within a form, but do not wish for it to update existing values within the contact record.

SheilaHansen
Participante

We need to have more control over what happens to the data in a property, both in the setup itself, and in forms.

I used to work in Eloqua, and we had the possibility to set p the Default Update Logic in each individual property:

(The default update logic controls when to update the contact field in the database)

• Always: Always update the contact field whenever it is submitted.
  • Update if blank: Only update the contact field if the field is currently blank.
  • Update if new value is not blank: Only update the contact field if the data provided is not blank. This prevents you from overwriting data with a blank value.

In forms, we have all the above for each form property plus the option "Set to default", which then simply keeps the default update logic of that property.

JSantos90
Membro

Agree with this one. Hope Hubspot adds this feature. I can't have anyone changing every detail because they used the same email. 😅

MZayied
Membro

yep , I'd like to lock a product field for a particular product support form. at the moment I can't do that unless i hide it and choose a Product by default