HubSpot Ideas

scubadrew

keyboard shortcuts

The entire interface should be accessible via the keyboard. 

Hubspot recognizes the importance of them by blogging about them:

Hubspot blog on Facebook keyboard shortcuts

hubspot blog on chrome keyboard shortcuts

They even have a wiki page about confluence keyboard shortcuts:

hubspot confluence page about keyboard shortcuts

but fail to implement any themselves....

HubSpot Updates
April 22, 2024 01:58 AM

@ADerbyshire Thanks for pointing that out. I will try to figure out a solution with the team for Edge. Which version are you at, just for us to know where to test?

April 22, 2024 01:51 AM

@RHudman I can only comment about Global Search as of now which is my team. There is another initiative from Workflows to add shortcuts.

March 25, 2024 03:59 AM

Hey @RHudman . We are through with the private beta. From today, it will be in public beta and available under the "Product Updates" section of your portal

March 11, 2024 01:22 PM

Hi Everyone,

We're also introducing keyboard shortcuts in the Workflows tool. This change comes along with a new menu-style navigation. If you're interested in participating in this private beta, please submit your details here. Any questions or feedback about workflow keyboard shortcuts can be sent my way 😀

new menu navigation in the hubspot workflows toolnew menu navigation in the hubspot workflows tool

Best,

Megan

In Beta
February 16, 2024 11:44 AM

Hey everyone. Global Search keyboard shortcuts & keyboard based navigation has an MVP in private beta now. We would love to get some feedback from folks in this group. If you are interested, please send me a DM with your email and portal ID and I will set you up. All we expect from beta participants is a short feedback call after using the feature for a few days.

January 15, 2024 07:48 AM

@JDaniels12 Unfortunately, those functions are not a part of our team's purview in Global Search but I can pass the feedback along.

Being Reviewed
January 15, 2024 06:01 AM

Keyboard Shortcuts for navigating Global Search is now in active development. I will post here soon to request participation for the beta.

In Planning
October 14, 2022 02:56 AM

Hi. PM for the Global Navigation, Search and Notifications here. Thanks for resurfacing this and apologies for the delay in acknowledgement. You all will be happy to know that this is in the works already. We will share more updates as things progress. 🙏

118 Replies
DJanse

Can't believe this is still not live yet! Almost end of 2022... come on! 

harriskenny
Contributor | Partner

Wondering if anyone has any updates on this? It would be a really nice feature to have. 

ChaosFreak
Contributor

HubSpot almost never develops features that are suggested by users.

It's time we took legal action on this one.

Lack of keyboard navigation is illegial as it violates the accessibility requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Using a mouse is impossible for many people with disabilities. All other web-based productivity software has keyboard shortcuts and navigation.

HubSpot, DO THIS NOW.

NazzMohammad
HubSpot Product Team

Hi. PM for the Global Navigation, Search and Notifications here. Thanks for resurfacing this and apologies for the delay in acknowledgement. You all will be happy to know that this is in the works already. We will share more updates as things progress. 🙏

Bob2245
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Ctrl+Enter for sending a conversation reply would be golden, and I'm sure there's many other ones that would be very helpful as well

ChaosFreak
Contributor
And can we eliminate having to click the "Save" button for every change?
Most modern web apps just update the data as you change it.
GeoDan
Participant

@hubspot The lack of keyboard shortcuts is a significant DETRACTOR. (Get your Kano Diagram out.) My team is forcing a PipeDrive review due to this single missing feature. 

JKjærulf

Unbelivable that this has been a problem since 2017 when it only takes a new user like me a single week to run in to this very obvious problem. Please prioritise this as it free's up kapacity in the sales process 

eberner

Please add keyboard shortcuts and the ability to customize the menu bar so that we don't have to remember where things like Tickets and Meetings are buried. 

alexpeck_akimbo
Participant

+1 for a keyboard-first workflow

MMeier95

+1 for a keyboard-first controled workflow 

JDaniels12

we need to be able to highlight the text and apply bold/itallic to it with cntrl + alt + h and cntrl + b/i respectively. That would be a huge quality of life improvement making my productivity raise easily a 10%. 

ABeckwith
Participant

ANY update on this? The fact that I can't use keyboard shortcuts while editing our Knowledge Base is a HUGE failure, not to mention no keyboard shortcuts for ticket navigation/editing. These are BASIC features in ALL OTHER CRM/CMS platforms. 

KKjaersgaard

+1 on this. Yes please create those SHORTCUTS and at least let us know how you're tracking with this. 

I also find it super tiresome to have to click everywhere in hubspot as several functions could be solved with some basic hotkeys and shortcuts.

Thank you for letting us know how it's progressing. 

Cheers

FredrikWendt
Participant

Command+Enter (mac) to save changes to a Contact would save _a lot_ of time.

ADerbyshire

+1 on this. Currently adding 2k+ additional domains by hand because Hubspot still doesn't have mass import functionality for additional domains. Having to click save each and every time is just salt in the wound. Horrid user experience. This has been requested since 2017!! 

SC
Participant

Would LOVE to see this in inbox. 

TW6
Participant

This would be great. An some excellent feedback in this discussion. I hope they can implement it soon.

STrenfield

Agree please! 

GIenco

Yes, I support this!