HubSpot Ideas

scubadrew

keyboard shortcuts

The entire interface should be accessible via the keyboard. 

Hubspot recognizes the importance of them by blogging about them:

Hubspot blog on Facebook keyboard shortcuts

hubspot blog on chrome keyboard shortcuts

They even have a wiki page about confluence keyboard shortcuts:

hubspot confluence page about keyboard shortcuts

but fail to implement any themselves....

115 Commentaires
gkorland
Membre

Currently all the Text boxes accross the CRM requires hitting the "save note" button which not as efficient as  ctrl+enter.

Please add such support which is widly used everywhere

(btw including on this page)

stevepretzel
Membre

Even just the most common - Save - would be a great start.

AdminAmaze
Membre

I want to throw my weight behind this one. The lack of even the most basic keyboard control (such as proper tab order...or even tab support at all) is one of my largest daily irritations. The blogs and information linked by the original poster simply add insult to injury.

I see this much more as an issue of website control and usability, and not a shortcut/"Extra feature" issue. This is a significant imapirment to anyone with disabilities attempting to succesfully and easily use HubSpot. I see this as a true core problem.

Here are the requests I have off the top of my head (in no particular order):

• fix tabbing! As it is now the tab order is incorrect and tabbing to any drop down box simply defocuses selection - my focus goes 'poof'.
  • shortcut for hitting save
  • Shortcut for navigation on longer pages (such as 'Jump to Deal', etc)
  • Drop down box usability

I'll update this list as I run into additional keyboard control issues. This isn't an all-or-nothing situation; even a single keyboard control improvement would be greatly apprechiated. 

If you want some inspiration on excellent keyboard control and menu design, check out the google suite of software. Their keyboard shortcuts are consistant throughout thier products, yet tailored to each product to be efficient and easy to learn/use. You could even make it an option, like google does, with an on-off switch.  

Stardancer
Membre

+1 on this. Would love to see command+enter implemented for save.

Ashrakay
Participant

I'd love to have keyboard shortcuts for the blog editor, or at least have an editor where I don't have to hunt around just to change the Heading to a paragraph.  Serious productivity loss.

jackea
Membre

+1 on this.

Steep_Magazine
Membre

Totally agree. I also use my own CRM in FileMaker and the beauty is endless customization of shortcuts, which I use 90% of the time. I find using Hubspot makes my hand cramp since there is so much clicking around and time wasting. They should hold off on the craft beer Friday for one week and build the shortcuts!

CasperOng
HubSpot Employee

Keyboard shortcuts will really help people who are currently using dictation software to access applications on their computer. This especially affects people who are disabled and use the HubSpot software on a daily basis; this would give them a way to navigate around the HubSpot interface without having to use a mouse/keyboard.

aasargsian
Membre

I totally agree. Productivity is very essential for CRM. Irritation should not be an emotion associated to HubSpot if you value your customer. 

Shortcuts can help a lot to be more productive.

swh
Membre

Seeing that this has been an open request for a year and a half, I assume it's not a high priority to implement.

So I spent a couple hours last night and made my own, using the Keyboard-Fu Chrome extension which allows you to bind javascript to keystrokes in the browser.

I've published my shortcuts that you can import/build off of/try out:

https://gist.github.com/samhotchkiss/e11dade348764682c82279ac24597862

Hopefully this will help some others while we wait for real implementation.

The shortcuts that work everywhere in HubSpot are:
gm - Go to Conversations ("Go Messages")
gd - Go to Deals
gt - Go to Tickets
/ - Search (opens the search box and puts the input there)
' - Save (it's right next to the return key) -- note that this doesn't work if you're in a text area, so I usually tab or click anywhere then '

Then these shortcuts only work in the conversation inbox:
j - Next Message
k - Prev Message
c - Mark as closed
a - Assign email (pops up the assign box, then you can arrow up/down and press return to assign)
r - Reply to email (opens the reply box and scrolls you to it, but you still have to click in it, haven't figured that out yet)
u - Go to "Unassigned Conversations" view
a - Go to "All Conversations" view
m - Go to "My Conversations" view

benbland
Membre

+1 on all of the above – shortcuts, tabbing, etc.

It's not an insignificant thing, learning to keep your hands on the keyboard and using shortcuts to work with all your software to save time, it all adds up. The obvious one would be to create an object, eg. Contact, Company, etc. but I appreciate that HubSpot is used by different people in different ways so it may not be obvious which object to create on pressing a shortcut like 'c'. For this, it might be even better to offer customisable shortcuts in the Settings.

brt
Membre

He swh!

Just made a profile to say thank you for sharing this great solution. Works like a charm.

bruj02
Participant

Hubspot is a productivity tool. We need shortcute AND the ability to TAB across fields without using the mouse. 

When manually creating contacts, I would like to quickly enter email, first name, last name, and other mandatory fields. Some of these filelds are stored in lists that cannot be accessed without using the mouse. This significantly poses additional barriers for the contact creation step that could easily be overcome. 

lancewlars
Membre

Please add keyboard shortcuts!!!!!!!!!!!!

charliepinker
Contributeur

Agreed. Could really do with keyboard shortcuts for e.g. selecting the search box

RJK
Participant

New to Hubspot but not new to CRMs - lack of "quick access" buttons and KB shortcuts for common items (defined by me ideally) is very annoying.  Hundreds of thousands of unnecassary clicks each day by hubspot users if I had to guess.  Add a panel like the one in the dialer, but fixed in the main menu area.  Make the buttons user programmable and you have a real winner!

SamanthaH
Membre

And how about being able to use the keyboard for dialling numbers (e.g. extensions) instead of having to use the keypad in HubSpot? It doesn't work very well...

basil
Conseiller clé

Clickup has awesome shortcuts. Maybe have a look at them when you work on it.

Johno
Membre

+1 to a feature request for shortcuts. 

SHW, I downloaded your chrome extension - looks good but I'm not sure how to invoke the shortcut - if I just type a shortcut in the page it doesn't navigate

Tim

henrou
Contributeur

+1 All for this idea. This is crusial to a speedy workflow.