HubSpot Ideas

shawn1313

iphone pop up log after a call

Apparently an Andrioid will generate a pop up after a call to anyone who is a hubspot contact. This feature doesn't work on an iPhone. You manually have to go into the app, search for the contact or company and log the call.

HubSpot-Updates
June 12, 2023 02:26 AM

Hi @Dasher87,

Unfortunately this flow that exists in Android is not possible to be supported in iOS due to Apple's (not HubSpot's) constraints. Sorry about it. If you call within the HubSpot app, the post-call logging will be triggered just after the call for it to be logged.  

May 24, 2023 04:33 AM

Hi @AShepherdson thanks for reaching out. We had an issue with this feature and is now back. Please close the HubSpot mobile app and reopen it again. This should allow you to call natively from Android and log the call to the corresponding HubSpot contact. Hope this works alright for you and the team. Again, thanks for contacting us.

Status aktualisiert zu: Delivered
February 15, 2023 03:27 AM

Hi all,

Thanks very much for posting this question. Sorry for the delay in the response as the post was wrongly categorised and had fallen out of the Mobile team's radar. 

That said, let me explain the differences with regards to post-call logging between Android and iPhone. I understand the situation described at the beginning of this post is related to calls made outside the HubSpot mobile app (through the phone’s calling system directly). In this case, only on Android you can set to trigger the post-calling logging page to appear but not in iOS when calling a HubSpot contact (you can set this on Android by enabling the corresponding "Post call logging" toggle). iOS doesn't allow such capability I'm afraid. 

If you call using  the HubSpot Mobile app (phone provider/HS Calling method) the post-call logging page will always trigger for both Android and iOS. This has been available for years now. Back in Q4 last year we released the ability to make calls through HubSpot Calling service (VoIP) from the HubSpot mobile app and we have revamped the post-call page with new functionality. 

With regards to the question of logging inbound calls, this is unfortunately only technically possible with Android and not iOS. Apple restricts this capability and is beyond the HubSpot mobile team. Should this change from an Apple side, we will then be able to bring it to all our iOS users. 

Thanks

Alberto.

January 21, 2021 05:16 PM

Hey @shawn1313 

Welcome to the Community!

Can you give us some more details?  I am thinking this post might be better suited in a different board, but want to make sure I know exactly what you are talking about 😀

25 Kommentare
dennisedson
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hey @shawn1313 

Welcome to the Community!

Can you give us some more details?  I am thinking this post might be better suited in a different board, but want to make sure I know exactly what you are talking about 😀

shawn1313
Mitglied

Sure dennisedson, ckleming had the same post. "Post call logging not available from iphone?" This would be a great feature. Works well on android. After a call, on an android, you automatically receive a popup asking whether you would like to log the call, make notes, etc. I had a ticket opened and they advised us to post this. As it gets likes it will raise the developers interest in finding a solution.

SPeacha
Mitglied

This would be a great feature to add as it is very beneficial for field employees! 

KBradberry
Mitglied

do it. 

farmchem
Mitglied

I made the mistake of assuming the app was the same for iphone and android. I have an android and went to bat for Hubspot's app features. All my outside reps using Hubspot use iPhone and now hate me. The features should be the same.

RYukihiro
Mitglied

The features need to updated on the IOS as it is very difficult to manage with larger teams with larger call volumes.  Would have assumed the features would be the same across the two different platforms.

shawn1313
Mitglied

Yes

farmchem
Mitglied

We have been with HubSpot for about a year and my manager is about to pull the plug because inbound calls cannot be logged on the iphone. We have 15 enterprise licenses. I am dumbfounded that this feature is only on the android app. The funny thing is that this simple feature is the only thing standing in the way from an additional 15 licenses. As is stands now, I am being asked to get bids from salesforce and making plans to switch. Very frustrating when the feature you need is such a no brainer for sales teams. I am saddened and frustrated to see little attention on this matter given the number of iPhone users in the world.

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team,

Commenting for a customer here - this is pretty important for the sales team (esp.) when they are making calls.

It saves a lot of time to have the pop up appear immediately vs going into each contact individually to log calls. Please look into this soon!

Thank you!

reTyre
Teilnehmer/-in

Is this really not yet implemented?!

MMarano
Mitglied

it really is insane that you can't do automatic call logging with Iphone the same way Android can. 

I do not understand why the apps would be different for the two platforms. 

Trico2196
Mitglied

We are having the same issue with our iPhone vs. Androids.  This post started in January and you haven't come up with a patch yet or am I missing something?  This is a must have for our Compliance requierements.

MOrange
Mitglied

we are the same, sales team recently upgraded from Samsung to new iPhones and really missing this feature! It is key to analytics on how many calls we actually take from customers for support. Because it's manual we are missing alot of key data 

JMatayoshi
Mitglied

Please, it would be really helpful  to log calls automatically from an Apple phone. It's so time consuming to go through the Hubspot app, look for the contact and then log the call, that it is very easy to leave for later and then forgetting about it!

Being out all day, would save time and be more effective and efficient tool.

Thanks for looking into it

RWienen
Mitglied

Yes, I can't wait to have it!

STQ
Mitglied

Hi, HubSpot team.

Please enable iPhone users to have this same feature as Android users. The post call logging is crucial for the organization to encourage sales team using HubSpot mobile app for their daily sales activity.  The first post dated on Jan 21, 2021, but we are now on April 27, 2022. Please accelerate your progress. 

Thanks. 

MarkSTAC
Teilnehmer/-in

Seems to be getting completely ignored by Hubspot??  I would genuinely rate the iphone app 1 star, because without this feature, I pretty much never bother touching the app. It is the single most important feature in the phone app, yet it doesn't work!

MoritzZHh
Mitglied

RIDICOULOUS that HubSpot is ignoring this KILLER Feature. Such an easy thing and they are not doing anything for 2 years

CTucker2
Mitglied

Yes, let's get this done.  Thanks!

SlaviIvanoff
Mitglied

Dear, HubSpot Team,

Please update us on the status of this feature. Should we expect it soon? We are a team of more than 100 people, the majority of whom are using their iPhones as the main device, and they are losing a ton of time. 
Thanks!