if statements in email templates

I want to ask HubSpot to support if statements in email templates as soon as possible.

It would be a really big help in providing customized content to our potential customers in our emails.

We currently support 7 languages.

Currently, all the personalization has to be done in either 7 different templates for the languages, or in the 7 email itself and by the help of many lists.

You can guess that for example to support different languages or countries, you would have to create really a lot of emails and lists to provide such personalization, even though we could access it over properties very easily. If we could compare these properties.

Many thanks for your suggestions to ease this process.

HubSpot updates
27 Replies

Yes, please. Just fought for over an hour simply because I wanted to show the first 3 items in a customers abandoned cart in an email - if the second or third items didnt exist, I didnt want to show them. I tried some simple hbml markup but - now I find out thats impossible. Smiley Sad Swore I could do such things in Bronto, albeit without the pretty interface .

Occasional Contributor

Just a note, Hubspot recently expanded smart content to include most modules, so I've had success creating segmented lists and creating smart rules for those lists for images, buttons, text, and even HTML for my emails. It's helped me completely personalize content all in one email.

Occasional Contributor

Completely agree, conditional logic support in emails would be a huge time saver!

Occasional Contributor

I really support this idea!

Another use case is the preference of using first name or last name in the salutation - which can be country specific or contact specific (e.g. knowing someone better).

To really use the email functionality for personalized emails without having to create many lists (as someone else described) or other workarounds the IF feature is a must.

Regular Contributor

An absolute must for every serious CRM.  Using Smartrules to build a modular email is a terrible pain.

New Contributor

+1

New Contributor

+1